On Tuesday morning, David left early so I got Simon up and ready for school. He kept saying that he didn't want to go, but when we got there, he ran down the hall to give Dana a big hug. Audra told me that when she got there with Julian, Simon ran out of the classroom to greet him and they gave each other a big hug. After school we went to Zachary's house for lunch and to play. They played very well together and Simon kept saying to Zachary "remember when you came to my house?"
On Wednesday I took Eli to visit Yaya's house since he will be starting there next week. He spit up about 5 times in the 1 hour that we were there just after I finished telling them that he is not a spitter-upper like Simon was. Yaya and Pam said "and now you are going to tell us that he is also not a biter like Simon..." Luckily he doesn't have any teeth yet. We picked up Simon from school and went to Andrew's house for our playdate. As soon as we walked in the door, Simon said to Andrew "please don't hit me." They actually got along much better than they have the past few times they have played together. We had to leave early because I had some sort of stomach bug and I was really nauseous and I almost threw up at their house. I called David to come get us because I wasn't sure that I could get the kids in the car, drive home and get them in the house without throwing up. I lay down for an hour when I got home and felt better enough to help David with the bedtime routines. Eli hadn't really napped in the afternoon so he was exhausted and it only took 15 minutes to get him to bed so I was downstairs before Simon was even out of his bath. David, Simon and I played in Simon's room for a little while just like we used to before Eli was born. I asked Simon if he likes it that we have Eli and if he wants us to keep him and he said yes. I would have been really sad if he had said no! Simon wanted David to read The Little Engine that Could, so David opened it and started making up a story instead of really reading it. Simon said "no that is not what it says" and then he started "reading" it and getting all the words right. His ability to memorize books and songs is really unbelievable.
Today Eli and I went to see the progress on Ducky's house. It is really coming along and is going to be really nice even if my room is totally not recognizable as my room anymore. When we picked up Simon from school he threw a huge fit because he couldn't see where I parked my car. I told him that I parked on the street because there was no room in the driveway. He pointed to an open spot (that had opened up after I parked) and sobbed "you could park right there." Then he threw another fit because Julian was looking at Eli and Simon didn't want him to. Then when we got home, he threw another fit when the phone rang and I answered it instead of him. It was Shira and she was happy to talk to him so I gave him the phone and they had a nice conversation for a few minutes but then he wouldn't talk anymore but also wouldn't give me back the phone. He actually put it behind his back and ran down the hallway with it. I caught him and took it prompting another tantrum. Then suddenly he said he needed to eat and he wanted to pick something from the freezer. I thought that meant he was going to pick ice cream for dinner, but he actually picked pancakes. He insisted that he wanted them cold, so I gave him a frozen one and told him to taste it. He said "I want lots and lots of them on a plate." I told him to taste one first and see what he thought. He said "I need a napkin to wipe off the ice first." I gave him a napkin, he wiped it off and took a bite and immediately gave it to me and said "warm it up please."
Before his bath, he asked to sit on the toilet. He sat for a minute and then said "I need a magazine so that I can make a doody." Unfortunately the camera is dead and I keep forgetting to charge it, so I took this picture with my phone and it didn't come out that great. I did manage to get the picture at the very moment that he almost fell in the toilet because he couldn't hold on since he was holding the magazine! The doody never materialized but he sat there for a good 5 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment