David left for Las Vegas straight from work on Thursday, so it was just me and the boys. When we pulled into the driveway after I picked them up from school and Yaya's house, Simon said "did Dad take his car with him to the airport?" I explained that he left his car at work and took a cab to the airport. Simon said "he is on his trip now or he is at work now?" I said he's on his trip. At which point Simon started to cry and said "then we need to go to Ducky's house now, not Simon's house." I said we were going to Ducky's house after school tomorrow and he stopped crying and said "oh, then Daddy is still at work." I said yes so as not to make him upset again.
Both kids were very well behaved and went to bed without any issues. Unfortunately, Eli woke up at 4am and talked to himself and cried on and off until 5:30 when I finally caved in and went to get him. He had pooped through his pj's. Just when I got the peeing problem under control, now we have a new problem and it has continued to happen for the past 2 nights as well. I'm sure it will stop as soon as David gets home tomorrow.
When we picked up Simon from school, I asked him what he had for snack because his face was all dirty. He gave me a big smile and said "I ate dirt and worms." I looked at Dana for confirmation and she said it was true...they had gummy worms and chocolate! We went straight from school to Ducky's house where Simon and Eli (and me too, particularly because I got to sleep late on Saturday morning and this morning while Ducky and Papu watched the kids) had a great time for Shabbos. Ducky had bought some new toys for Simon so he had fun playing with those and just running all over the place.
After lunch, Papu took Simon out for a very long walk. They went to the park and they watched the ice skaters in the Common. Of course Eli woke up a few minutes after they left, so that meant no nap for me in the afternoon. Since Simon didn't nap he went to bed early with no arguements. He was excited because he was sleeping on his little blow-up Thomas bed that Huvi got for him.
This morning we went to meet the Galpers at the Aquarium. At first Simon said he didn't want to go because he doesn't like to see the man feeding the fish in the tank. It amazes me that he remembers this from last time we went to the Aquarium last January. He agreed to go because he wanted to see Elan and he wanted to see the penguins. Eli liked seeing the penguins and the other fish too. On the way out, we stopped in the gift shop. Simon picked out a stuffed penguin for himself and a dolphin for Eli. He is very good about always picking things out for Eli when he is getting something for himself. Then he saw a bag of plastic sharks and dolphins and he said "actually I don't want this penguin. I want those sharks and dolphins instead." He put the penguin back and got the sharks which was cheaper than the penguin so it was good for everyone.
Simon fell asleep in the car on the way home and when we got here, I had to really work hard to wake him up because he was sound asleep. When he woke up he immediately started to cry and said "I wanted to go back to Ducky's house. Not here." He was so sad, but he cheered up at the prospect of hot dogs for lunch. He ate 2 hot dogs while watching Thomas on DVD and while Eli had a bottle and went down for a nap. Then I attempted to put Simon in for a nap, but he only stayed in his room for 1/2 an hour. The rest of the night he kept trying to convince me that he actually slept and therefore should get to have a gummy letter, but I was having none of that. He played really nicely with trains for a couple of hours. Eli and I watched when Eli woke up. Eli was sitting in his Bumbo seat and Simon put his Cubs hat on Eli's head backwards and gave him a baseball glove to hold. Too bad I didn't have the camera accessible.
Simon had hotdogs for dinner too because he really wanted them. He was really hyper after dinner and in the bath, but he did agree to sit quietly and watch Thomas while I put Eli to bed. He brought The Little Engine that Could into the living room with him and when I came back downstairs, he was sitting on the couch with a blanket over him watching Thomas and looking at the book that was open in his lap. Again, would have been good to have the camera. I let him finish watching it and then we read some books, sang some songs and he was asleep by 8. Now I'm making some soup for dinner with all the leftover vegetables from last week that would otherwise rot in the fridge. It smells so good....yum!
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment