Recently Simon has rediscovered and started playing with a Little People set that Farrah had gotten him for his first birthday. He obviously plays with it very differently now than he did when he was one--he sets up the whole thing (it's an oval track with a 3 car train, a station, a toll-booth, and 2 gates on each side) and then acts out whole conversations among the 3 people that ride in the train. It also has a little birdhouse that when you press it, a little bird pops out. He stopped the train at the birdhouse and said "this bird wants to see his mommy. Oh hi Mommy he says." He did that because one of the little people has a bird on its shoulder that is a smaller version of the bird in the birdhouse. I absolutely love it when he is playing and he is talking for one of his trains or people or whatever and he ends the sentence by saying "he says" so as to make it clear that it is not Simon talking but rather the toy.
All of his playing with this toy reminded me that Huvi had also bought him a Little People set for his first birthday and I had never given it to him for some reason and I saw it in the basement the other day and then forgot to bring it up. This morning I brought it up for him. It's an airport and we set it up and he loves it so much that he played with it and the one that Farrah got him all day instead of playing with his Thomas trains. The airport set has a pilot holding a coffee mug. Simon said to me "what do you think is in his cup?" I said "coffee." He said "no, it is chocolate milk." He also was having the people take turns going in the helicopter and he said "they are going to go in it one-by-one." I don't know where he learned that phrase but it was awfully cute that he said it.
Eli rolled over for the second time from his tummy to his back. He rolled back but only with some help from Jen. He also threw up an entire bottle all over his changing table and himself after his bath tonight and had to have another bath. I think (I hope) that he did that because he coughed and then choked a little bit and not because he is actually sick. He drank another 6 ounces right before he went to sleep and didn't even spit up when he burped so hopefully he is ok. He fell asleep in the middle of his bottle but kept eating it just very slowly. When he had about 2 ounces left, he suddenly woke up and was awake while he finished and then when I put him in bed he gave me a huge smile and wouldn't stop talking. I heard him talking for about 15 minutes before he went to sleep.
I'm going to try really hard to remember to charge the camera tonight so that I can start posting pictures again!
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment