Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Discovery Museum




Today we were going to go to the Kram's to play, but Jessica is sick so we couldn't go. Instead, after unsuccessful attempts to get tickets to the magic show at the JCC and the concert at Temple Emunah, we decided to go to the Discovery Children's Museum in Acton with Julia and the little girl that she was babysitting for today. It took 40 minutes to get there, but was well worth it. We had to wait a few minutes to get in because it's not very big so they limit the number of people who can be inside at once. It's a big old victorian house and each room has something different for kids to play with. The first room is the train room, complete with a train table and a big train with a working bell and brake. Simon would have spent the entire time in the train pulling on the break and saying "I'm applying the brake and screeching to a halt" but I eventually convinced him to see the rest of the museum. He played in the boat room for a little while and also in the fake diner where he made us each a plate of food that we pretended to eat while Eli had his bottle.
Simon fell asleep in the car on the way home and then refused to nap this afternoon after lunch even though he was definitely exhausted. Eli slept for 3 hours so I was disappointed that Simon didn't sleep because I had wanted to do some laundry and write some more of Eli's thank you notes that I am VERY behind on. Simon was looking over my shoulder as I was checking e-mail and he saw a picture of Valerie's new twin girls. He said "are those 2 baby brudders?" I told him that those are Ella's new sisters. He pointed and said "is that one Ella and that one is Gella?" He likes to make everything rhyme.
Shira and Elan came over for a little while and then David finally came home. Simon was so excited to see him and was even more excited to see the JetBlue airport set that he had brought. He played with it while he ate dinner, during which David was not paying attention to him and he filled his mouth too full with asparagus and then gagged and threw up. He had just finished a whole bowl of the yummy vegetable soup that I made last night and it actually looks the same when it comes back up as it did before it went down. He was a little bit traumatized but got over it quickly and then ate a big piece of pesto chicken.
I actually took some pictures today, but I want to go to sleep so I will post them tomorrow.

1 comment:

Arica said...

Good work on the Thank You notes! We got ours yesterday! Also, can you share the recipe for pesto chicken???