

Yesterday Simon got to spend more quality time with Joshua after school. Ducky brought Joshua here for lunch and then we went back to the Discovery Museum in Acton. Now I only need to go 1 more time in the next year for my membership to be worth it! Simon didn't insist on spending the entire time in the train room this time because he wanted to be wherever Joshua wanted to be and Joshua isn't so into trains. They played in the boat room for a long time and in the diner for a little bit. Joshua then found the safari room and spent a long time dressed as a cheetah and then a leopard and playing with his new friend, a 6 year old named Alex. Simon really wanted Joshua to come with him to a different room to see a treehouse. Joshua was clearly torn between his cousin and his new best friend, but luckily Alex said he'd go too so they all went. Joshua and Alex had the following conversation before we left:
Me: Joshua and Simon, we are leaving in 2 more minutes.
Alex: I wish I could go with you.
Joshua: Yeah, me too.
Ducky: Well maybe you will meet here again one day.
Alex: Or maybe I could come to your house.
Joshua: But I don't live here.
Alex: Where do you live?
Joshua: In New Jersey.
Alex: Oh. I'm not allowed to travel out of state without my mom.
Joshua just looked at him kind of blankly.
We had to go in 2 cars because we couldn't fit 3 carseats in one, so I drove Simon and Joshua and Eli went with Ducky. At first Simon was concerned that Eli wasn't with us, so I told him that it was ok that he was with Ducky. Simon got even more concerned and said "but where is Ducky taking Eli??"
In the car on the way home from the museum, first Simon and Joshua were holding hands which was very cute. Then Joshua took off his boots and his socks, so of course Simon wanted to as well. Simon was having a hard time taking off his boots and Joshua was directing him. First he said "take off the velcro" so Simon did. Then he said "now pull them" so Simon did, but he pulled them up instead of down so Joshua said slightly exasperatedly "no, pull them the other way, Simon!" Simon was very proud of himself when he finally succeeded. They played a little bit more when we got home and left just as Simon was getting super cranky.
Eli is now a new schedule where he wakes up between 5:30-5:45 in the morning for the day and then is ready for a nap by 7. This is not a good schedule. Yesterday, he fell asleep around 7 in my bed and I thought he'd be up "any minute" and he slept until 10:30! This morning, he had a bottle at 5:45 and then he was watching tv in bed with David and I went to take a shower. I came back from the shower and David was lying down sound asleep and Eli was 1/2 sitting up against a pillow and 1/2 folded over so that his head was resting on David's cheek and he was also sound asleep.
Simon asked me to take him to school today, so I took him and David took Eli. Simon was in a very cooperative mood so everything went smoothly and I was at work by 8:45, almost on time! I don't know what ever made me think I'd be able to get there by 8:30 ever.
Today after I picked everyone up, we came home and Eli needed a bath right away because he had peed through all his clothes and he smelled terrible. Simon ate dinner and then Pam came over to babysit and David and I went out to dinner and to see Borat (funny, but not as funny as I was expecting). Simon watched Thomas while Pam was putting Eli to bed and when she came back downstairs and it was over she told him it was time to bed. He said he was going to watch more Thomas. She said "your Mommy said you could watch one Thomas." He stood up and said "no, my Mommy said I could watch FOUR." The little liar. He agreed to go to bed after a couple of minutes and he was asleep when we got home so that's really all I care about. Eli was asleep too, but he only ate 3 ounces so who knows what his night will be like.
No comments:
Post a Comment