Sunday, January 21, 2007

Redecorating

On Friday after school we came home and ate a quick lunch--well, actually, it was supposed to be a quick lunch but it took Simon a full hour to eat less than 2 hot dogs. Then we went to Silvia's house. Simon and Silvia were thrilled to see each other and they had such a good time playing. They left the room where Heather and I were and we realized after 15 or so minutes that it was very quiet and maybe we should go look for them. They were under the table in the kitchen with backpacks and stuffed animals and some baskets. They told us that they went to school with their backpacks, the stuffed animals were their friends and the baskets were their cubbies. They gave each other a huge hug before we left. Such a big hug that they fell over...














This morning, I slept late while David dealt with the kids. Then I when I got up, David took a nap on the couch in the den. Eli was napping too and I decided it would be a good time to clean out Simon's closet which was a huge mess. I asked him if he wanted to help and he said yes. He wasn't much of a help, but he did sit on the floor of his room for a full hour reading books to himself while I cleaned the whole closet. It looks really nice now and there is room to put something in it for Eli's clothes when he moves downstairs.
After lunch, David and I decided to rearrange all the furniture in the living room. We're not sure that we like it, but we are waiting at least a week to put it back the way it was because it was such a big pain to move everything. We turned the couch around so it opens up the room when you first walk in, but now it doesn't flow as well to the dining room and it cuts off about 1/2 of the window seat. We never use the window seat anyway, so I'm not sure I care about that. It is a really big room and I think we use more of it this way. Simon and Eli watched the whole process with great interest. Simon was excited because we found some cars and puzzle pieces under the couch.
We all took naps until Shabbos was over and now Simon is eating dinner unsupervised so I should probably go see what is going on.

No comments: