Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Troublemaker

Today when I picked up Simon from school, his teachers told me that he and Andrew had opened the door to the outside and gone outside by themselves. There are chimes hanging on the door, so the teachers heard it open and saw them go. They got in big trouble and had to stay inside for a few minutes when all the other kids went outside. Aida said that Simon apologized very nicely and knew why what he did was wrong and said "only grown-ups open that door." The teachers were all very serious when they were telling this to me and it was all I could do to keep a straight face. I know it was a bad thing for Simon to do, but I can't help finding it funny. I asked him why he did it and he said "me and Andrew had to go very fast. We needed to." He promised that he'll never do it again, but he really didn't seem all that remorseful.
After school we went to Rami's and had lunch with Annie and Joshy. Simon was thrilled to see Joshy and they sat across from each other and had a whole conversation about Joshy's trip to the zoo. Simon told me that he wanted felafel for lunch, so I got him some felafel balls and some hummos. Of course as soon as he saw Joshy's hot dog he said "actually I want a hot dog like Joshy has." I told him that he had to eat the felafel because that's what he had said he wanted and he said "actually I do want the felafel" and he ate it all up and then ate some of Annie's shwarma too. We went to Magic Beans for a few minutes after lunch and Simon was a very good listener when I said it was time to leave.
We came home and Mary came over with our new living room curtains--they look great and I love them. Simon wanted to know why we needed new curtains. I guess he liked the old ones that the people who lived here before left that totally didn't match our furniture at all. Mary also took all of the seats of the dining room chairs because she is re-covering them. Simon saw her taking the seat off of the chair that he usually sits on and he said, very indignantly, "what are you doing to my chair?!"
Eli has discovered the excersaucer (see pictures from yesterday). He is not so sure what to make of it yet, but he is willing to sit in it for a few minutes at a time. He also has suddenly started drinking his bottles in record time instead of taking an hour to drink 8 ounces. I've been giving him 8-oz bottles during the day and then 6-oz before he goes to bed, but tonight after he downed the whole bottle, he looked shocked when it was empty and then proceeded to cry hysterically like he was being tortured, so I gave him 2 more ounces and then he burped like a drunkard and went happily to bed.
My mom sent me this video of Simon and Eli dancing:

No comments: