Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thomas Should Shine

Last night I had to go to a meeting for work (oh the joys of being back at work), so David put on Thomas for Simon while he was putting Eli to bed. When he came back downstairs, Simon was lying on the couch in the dark watching tv. David asked him who turned out the light and Simon said "I turned off the light. I wanted Thomas to shine." He had brought a little blue chair all the way from the den so that he could stand on it and reach the light. I'm not sure why he didn't just stand on the little chair that was already right next to the lightswitch.
While we were eating dinner, I asked Simon what he is learning about in school this week. He said "good manners and table manners too." But he wasn't able to tell us anything about what good manners are. He is much better about saying please so maybe he is learning something.

No comments: