Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Eli's First Day at Yaya's House

I still haven't charged the camera, so no pictures yet again. This morning David and I had a race to see who could get out of the house first--he was taking Simon to school and I was taking Eli to Yaya's house. David and Simon have not left the house before 8:15 in months so I was sure I was going to win because it's so much easier to get Eli ready in the morning since he wakes up on his own between 6:30-7 and then can't really argue about what he is going to wear and Simon has to be woken up so we wait as long as possible and then he gets mad that we are rushing him. Somehow, David and Simon walked out the door at 7:40...I guess they were taking the scenic route to school because it doesn't start until 8 (although when I picked him up, I noticed that David had signed him in at 7:45 so I guess they aren't so strict with the start time). Eli and I were out the door by five to eight, so we weren't that far behind. He was the first one at Yaya's, but a couple of other kids got there before I left and Eli was looking at them with great interest. He barely noticed when I left and when I picked him up Yaya reported that he had a great day. She said he was very happy all day and took 2 good naps. We went to pick up Simon who also had a good day on his first day staying until 6. The other Megan said he seemed a little bit confused because since one of the teachers in the older class was absent, they divided the kids differently between 4pm and 6pm so he was with the older kids in their classroom instead of with the younger kids who stayed in his classroom. He was perfectly happy when I picked him up and he told me that he had a fun day. As we pulled into the driveway at home he said "why did you pick up Eli first?" I was afraid this was the beginning of a big tantrum because he is very into being first and Eli being second and I really didn't want him to have a tantrum and refuse to walk up the stairs into the house because I had the carseat, both kids jackets, Simon's lunch bag and backpack, Eli's bottle bag, my lunch bag and my purse to carry. I explained to him that Yaya's house closes first and then school so I had to pick up Eli first. He said "no they don't. Yaya's and school is the same. They are not closed." So then I said that when I'm driving home from work, I come to Yaya's house on the road before school. He accepted that. Then I told him that on Wednesday I'm going to pick him up first and we will go to Yaya's house for a party. He wanted to know if Eli would be there too and then he wanted to know who else would be there. I said Felix and he said ok, who else. I said maybe Francesca and he said he didn't want to see her. So I said maybe Hiroki and he said he didn't want to see him either. I asked him who he did want to see and he yelled "ANDREW AND JULIAN!" Julian hasn't been coming to our weekly playdates because his mom is too pregnant to move and I think Simon really misses him because he has asked a few times if Julian is coming over.

No comments: