Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Music Class Mayhem

I told Audra about the music class that we go to on Sundays and she and Julian tried it out yesterday. We got there a few minutes late, as did they, so Simon and Julian walked in together and then proceeded to spend the ENTIRE time running around like crazy and being generally disruptive to the class. The other parents were giving us very dirty looks as if we couldn't control our kids (which we couldn't, but that is beside the point). We tried to bribe them by telling them we could go to Dunkin Donuts after class if they were good. Simon immediately said "is music class over now so we can go?" And then they kept running around yelling "we are going to Dunkin Donuts." Audra and I both apologized to the teacher after class and she was very nice and understanding. But then, we both got e-mails from Julia (the director of the program who I don't like as you may recall from past postings from when we last switched to taking music in Newton instead of Brookline) that basically said in a nice way that we need to control our kids and they can't run. She kind of made it seem like they were doing something really bad instead of just acting like almost 3 year olds. Audra decided not to take the class because she doesn't want to deal it. I now have to face the mean parents alone this Sunday, but if Simon won't sit still this time I might drop it too. He's the oldest kid in the class and I think he might just have outgrown music. If we finish out this session, I think this will be it for Simon and I will start taking it just with Eli while Simon is in school and will find something else for Simon--maybe swimming or a gym class.
We did go to Dunkin Donuts after class anyway and Simon and Julian had a great time. Simon ate a donut and Julian ate a cookie and then decided he wanted what Simon had so he said "now I need to have a Dunkin Donut." Simon wasn't finishing his but he threw a huge fit at the mere suggestion of letting Julian have a bite so he had to get his own. They both had chocolate mustaches afterwards, but of course I didn't have the camera!

No comments: