


Simon got his report card today--he is doing very well in school. My favorite part is "However, at times, he expresses his emotions with his body instead of words towards other children." I think that is a nice way of saying he hits. My real favorite part, because I am a good Jewish mother, is "Simon's learning readiness is advanced for his age." Clearly he is a genius.
When I picked him up today, I told him that we had to hurry home and eat lunch because then we had to take Eli to Dr. Roth for his 5 month check-up. He said "there will be lollipops at Dr. Roth's?" He tries so hard to say the "th" sound properly--it takes him a couple of tries but he can do it pretty well. Somtimes he says and "f" sound first and then says the "th" sound after, for example he says "moufth" instead of "mouth." As soon as we got to the doctors office, Simon kept asking everyone he saw if he could have a lollipop. He got a cookie when Eli was all done because they don't have lollipops. He went down the hall with Dr. Roth to get it while I was getting Eli dressed and I heard him say to her "I also need one for my mommy and one for my baby brudder" and then he came back to ask me "is baby brudder big enough to eat it now?" Before giving Eli shots, Dr. Roth warned Simon that he was going to cry. I thought that might make Simon upset and I told him he didn't have to watch but he said "I want to see the shots and see he's gonna cry." When the shots were over, Simon said "you're all done Eli, you don't need to cry anymore." Eli was pretty brave. He weighs 15 lbs 9 oz and is 25 inches tall.
After the doctor we went to the post office and then to CVS, which Simon calls PBS. Then we came home for naps. Eli went to bed with no argument and so did Simon, but an hour later I heard Simon calling "Dad...Dad...come here, Dad." I went into his room to tell him that David wasn't home and found him playing on the floor of his room. I asked him what he was doing out of bed and he told me that he already took a nap and he was done. I asked him if he had really been sleeping and he said yes. So I asked if he was lying down in bed with his eyes closed and he said "no, I had to sleep with my eyes open." I asked why and he said "because otherwise I couldn't see the book" and then I noticed that he had 2 or 3 books open in his bed. He clearly wasn't going to nap, so we played for a little bit and then watched Thomas until Eli woke up and it was time for dinner. Then there were quick baths--Eli got to go in Simon's tub for a couple of minutes--and both boys were asleep by 7:30.
No comments:
Post a Comment