Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Few Funny Simon-isms

A quick re-cap of a few cute things Simon has said in the past couple of days:
1. Last night we were talking about his birthday party, which is going to be at a place called the Little Gym. A few minutes after we stopped talking about it, Simon said "is it little or tiiiiiiiny, tiiiiiiny, tiiiiiiny?" I had no idea what he was talking about--he had to fill me in that he was still on the gym.
2. I also told him that we are going to see Diego on his birthday. I told him all the people that are going: Mommy, Dad, Simon, Sarah, Uncle Jon and Joshua. He was unimpressed with that and said "what about Baby Brudder and Ducky?" I explained that Baby Brudder is too little to go and he is going to stay home with Ducky. Simon said "no, Ducky should come and Papu should stay home with Baby Brudder."
3. After school today I told Simon that we were going to go get a haircut. He said "I must tell them very quickly not to use the shavers." He doesn't like the sound that the hair clippers makes so he always tells them not to use it. As soon as we walked in the door, he went right up to the haircutter lady and said "please don't use the shavers." He reminded her a few times throughout the haircut that he doesn't like them. She complied so at the end he thanked her and gave her a nice tip.
4. When Simon got up from his nap (during which I don't think he slept, but I don't know for sure) he said "I took a good nap. Are you very proud of me?" Then he went into the kitchen and helped himself to some candy. I found him sitting on the floor with a box of leftover candy that someone had brought us. He handed me a purple jelly bean and said "here, it's your favorite color." Then he was holding 2 jellybeans that he was saving for David. He asked me for a bowl to put them in so I handed him a little purple bowl. He gave it right back and said "Dad doesn't like that color. I need a different one."

No comments: