

This morning I asked Simon if he knew where we were going today. He said "to Mama's house?" I don't know where that came from, but I told him to guess again. His second guess was school. He probably would have been fine with that, but he got very excited when I said that we were going to music class and then to Julian's house.
When we were pulling out of the driveway in David's car, the brakes were a little bit squeaky. Simon said to me "we should get the red car back." I asked why and he said "because this new Dad's car has squeaky brakes and the red one had working brakes."
He had fun in music class, but kept asking me "is it over now? Are we going to Julian's house now?" He was out the door before class actually ended, but then came back because Theresa let everyone play with her guitar. We went to Julian's house and they greeted each other with a big hug and then played fairly well together for most of the time. Everytime Simon would go to take something to play with, Julian would decided that he needed to play with that and then they would fight. Simon was really good about taking turns but eventually he got really frustrated about not being able to play with anything that he wanted to play with-I felt bad for him but he handled it well. Simon noticed Audra was holding Gavin, her new baby, and he said "is that my baby brudder?" Gavin is only 6 weeks old, but he is actually about the same size as Eli so I see why Simon might have gotten them confused!
We got home to find David and Eli watching a movie and just hanging out. Eli was in a great mood and was being very cute and funny. We put both kids in for naps around 1:30. Eli cried until almost 2 but then went to sleep. I don't think Simon went to sleep at all. I could hear him through the monitor making a lot of noise and then eventually David went to his room and Simon was on his little red bike in the middle of the room looking like he was about to bust through the door! He also likes to use an empty tissue box as an auto-carrier car and put little race cars in it. He didn't have an empty tissue box in his room, so he took the full box and removed all the tissues strewing them across his room so that he could use the empty box for his cars.
The rest of the day was uneventful. Eli was very happy and smiley and he likes to grab onto our faces and try to eat us.
No comments:
Post a Comment