We had a pretty boring day on Friday, which was Simon's last day of vacation. I really wanted to take him to get a haircut, but he convinced me that we should go to Magic Beans instead. I said ok, but that we were just going to play and we weren't going to buy anything. He said ok. We got there and there were no toys in the playspace because there had been music class there in the morning. Simon didn't throw a huge fit, so I decided to let him buy something. First he picked up a little train and said he wanted it, so I said fine. Then he started to pick up more saying "and one for you, and one for baby brudder when he gets bigger and one for dad when he gets home from work." I told him he could only get one and that we should pick out something else for Eli. He wanted to get a car for Eli but when I said that wasn't good he said "oh, it's too hard. Let's get him something soft" and then he picked up a stuffed animal and said "can we get him this or is it too expensive?" It was $20--too expensive, so he picked out a cute stuffed fish for $5 and Eli was happy with that. In the car on the way home, all of a sudden Simon said "I'm sorry I didn't get the red train. I just couldn't." Then the train fell on the floor of the car and I told him I'd get it for him when we stopped at a red light. He then said "this is a happy song (referring to the song on the radio). I don't want it. I want a sad song." I asked him if he was feeling sad and he said yes. I asked why and he said "because I dropped my train." I pulled over and picked it up for him and then he was very happy.
This morning, David was in charge of the boys until 10 when he and Simon left for shul. They were about to leave and Simon said "you need to get something to cover my mouth and nose so they won't be cold." I remembered that Mashie had gotten him a scarf, gloves and hat when he was born. He used the gloves and hat last year but not the scarf. I found it and wrapped it around his face. He looked like a tiny bank robber. He and David went to shul and then Eli and I met up with them for kiddush at Washington Square Minyan and then we went to the Daubers' for lunch. Simon informed me that he had herring and he was very happy about that. Elan was at the Daubers' too and he and Simon played mostly well together. They had a few fights and they also did lots of hugging and falling on the ground because of all the hugging. I tried to put Eli for a nap there, but he wanted none of that. He was in a great mood, considering how tired he must have been. He loved watching Simon and Elan playing.
On the way home, the boys fell asleep almost immediately. They both had pulled their blankets over their faces, which was really cute. When we got home, they each transferred to their respective beds very well--they woke up but went back to sleep and we all slept until after Shabbos was over. Eli was sitting in his highchair and crying while I was getting his food ready. Simon came in and saw Eli crying and said "He is crying because he didn't have a good nap. I had a good nap. Now I can have a gummy fish."
They ate dinner, and then David showered both of them--Simon came downstairs to get a racecar while David was getting Eli ready for the shower. When Simon went back up, I guess they were already in the shower because I heard Simon yell "hey, wait for me!"
I'll post pictures tomorrow--we are about to watch the Departed. I'm guessing that I will be asleep in about 10 minutes...
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment