Thursday, February 22, 2007

Last Kid at School



Poor Simon was the last kid to be picked up at school today. There was horrible traffic downtown and it took me an hour to get back to Brookline instead of 20 minutes. I picked up Eli first and then rushed to the JCC to get Simon and got there at 6:15. I could see that the lights in all the classrooms were off already. Simon was sitting by the door with Andrea, the science teacher, eating chinese noodles leftover from the egg drop soup that they made today (there is a Chinese New Year theme for the vacation programming week). I rushed in, gave him a huge hug and said I was so sorry for being late. He said "why you going so quickly Mom?" He obviously was not fazed by being the last kid there. I should have picked him up first though and been even later to pick up Eli because now I have to pay $15 ($1 per minute) since I was late and I'm sure Yaya wouldn't have done that.
We didn't get home until after 6:30. Eli ate 2 big bowls of rice cereal and Simon ate 3 chicken nuggets. Then David got home and everyone had baths/showers and the boys went to bed. Tomorrow they are both going to Yaya's house and I'm happy because I don't have to make lunch for Simon!

1 comment:

Arica said...

Once my father-in-law was late picking Danya up from camp and while the camp had no fee for being late Danya made him pay her $7.00 for making her wait!