Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Waiting for Ducky







Today was the first day of Simon's school vacation. I stayed home from work today, I'm not working tomorrow and then on Wednesday Simon is going to vacation programming at school and on Thursday he is going to Yaya's house with Eli. It was way too cold for us to go anywhere, so we hung out at home all day. Both kids woke up really early, but Eli was asleep again by 7:15 or so and slept until 9:45. I was trying to think of fun things for Simon to do to prevent him from watching tv all day long. I decided to finally take out the paints that he had gotten for his birthday last year that I hid from him because I didn't want him to make a huge mess. I covered the kitchen table with newspaper and gave him a few pieces of paper and the paint. He painted for about 20 minutes and then was all done with that.
I had told Simon that Ducky was coming over for lunch and while I was cleaning up the kitchen from the painting, he disappeared. When I was done, I went to look for him thinking he was playing in the den. He wasn't there so I called for him. He said "I'm in the living room. I'm waiting for Ducky." He had moved the footstool over to the table under the window and climbed up on it so that he could see out the window and wait for Ducky's car to pull up. He sat there and waited a good 15-20 minutes for her to come. Every time a car went by he would say "that's not Ducky's car...she doesn't drive a red one...she has a jeep but not that one..." Finally, she arrived but she was driving a loaner car from the car place so it didn't look exactly like her car. Simon said "there is Ducky and she got new wheels." I'm not sure whether he was saying that the wheels on the car look different or if he refers to a car as "wheels."
We had lunch with Ducky and then she played with Simon for a while and Eli for a little bit but then he went to take another nap. After Ducky left, Simon took a very long nap which overlapped with Eli's long nap for about an hour which was nice although I didn't do anything productive other than finally install the printer on this computer so I don't have to e-mail myself at work anything that I want to print!
Simon is anti having his picture taken lately, so that's why there are more pictures of Eli than Simon!
Eli's milestone of the day is that he is now able to pass a toy from one hand to the other. I don't know if that's an actual milestone like sitting up or rolling over, but he doesn't do either of those things so I'll take what I can get! He's actually very close to sitting up on his own--he can do it for a few seconds and when he falls down, he's able to then maneuver himself to be lying flat on his tummy.

No comments: