



We've had a pretty quiet weekend. On Friday, we ate an early dinner and got Simon to bed before 8. While I was about to make Eli's bottle, he was sitting in his bouncy seat in the kitchen and he threw up. I knew he hadn't been feeling 100% better from his stomach virus, but he hadn't thrown up anymore so I wasn't sure what to do. It was already late so I didn't want to do the whole process of waiting 2 hours and then giving him 1 tsp of pedialyte every 5 minutes for an hour, etc, so I just waited a few minutes and then gave him 2 ounces of pedialyte. He guzzled it down and then was perfectly happy, so after another 15 minutes or so I gave him another 4 ounces of it and he fell asleep and slept until 7 in the morning. He was definitely feeling better yesterday and had 6 ounces before he went back to sleep around 10 and slept until almost 2pm! We all had a pretty sleepy day except for Simon. I slept until 11:30 and then when I got up, David went back to bed and slept until 4, so Simon and I ate lunch just the two of us. We had a very nice time but I can't remember now what we talked about. We played with trains after lunch--I built him a very intricate system of tracks that he loved until he all of a sudden decided that I used the wrong tracks to build it and he started to cry very hard. I declared it nap time, which of course made him cry more but he did agree to go into his bed. When he got up an hour and a half later, he came into the den and said to me "I had a good nap. I no more crying. My tears are all dried up now." I woke David at 4 and then I took a nap until Shabbos was over.
This morning I took Simon to music class and he was a VERY good boy and remembered the no running rule. He more or less paid attention and participated, but he also spent a lot of time playing by himself in the corner of the room and seeming uninterested in the class. After music class we went to Babies R Us to get a bathtub seat for Eli so he can go in the big tub. Simon kept asking me if we were going to CVS and I kept saying that we could go there on the way home if he wanted. Then, as I drove by Toys R Us on the way to Babies R Us, Simon said "you just passed CVS." Apparently he had CVS confused with Toys R Us. I did avoid the trip to Toys R Us, but we did stop at CVS and Simon got a KitKat so he was happy.
The afternoon was pretty uneventful as well. The boys napped and then we had dinner and they had a bath together. It's unclear whether or not Eli enjoyed being in the big tub. He looked a little concerned throughout the whole thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment