
Today was the second day of Simon's vacation and he had a fun day. He slept late and got up around 8:30. Eli had been up since 7, so he went for a nap shortly after Simon got up. Eli had a major fit this morning when I tried to give him his rice cereal. He could see the bottle and he clearly wanted that instead. He does a new thing when he cries when he's really mad and it sounds like he is trying to talk while he is crying. I need to try to get it on video because it's pretty funny. I let him have most of his bottle before the rice cereal and then he ate up the whole bowl and was much happier.
Simon ate breakfast and watched tv until Andrew (and Julia and Hillary) came over around 10:30. Andrew went straight into the den saying "Simon, I'm here...where are you?" while Simon was still watching tv in the kitchen. Then Simon went through the dining room and living room while Andrew went in the other door to the kitchen--they were calling for each other but couldn't find each other for a few minutes. They played much better than they used to--maybe a break from the weekly playdates was just what they needed. They left shortly after lunch and then Simon, Eli and I played a bit until it was naptime.
Eli went right for his nap with no crying, but Simon had had a little bit too much candy and ended up not sleeping at all even though he tried very hard to convince me that he had slept. The 3 books, 2 trucks and a sailboat in his bed kind of gave him away.
After Eli woke up, I asked Simon if he wanted to go get a haircut or go to Magic Beans to look for Purim costumes. Of course he chose Magic Beans so that's where we went. They didn't have any good costumes, but we stayed and played for about an hour and we bumped into Jodi and Jared who Simon didn't seem to remember at all.
When we got home, David was here already and we all ate dinner together. After Eli's shower and before Simon's, David was wrestling with them. I took Eli away because I thought he was going to get hurt and he got really mad because he didn't want to be left out! Here is video of David torturing Simon...
No comments:
Post a Comment