Monday, February 05, 2007

No Running in Music Class



Simon had a friend-filled Shabbos for the first time in a long time. On Friday night the Mishkins came over for dinner. Simon and Brookie played so well together much to my surprise because she is a girl and Simon doesn't usually like girls if they aren't Silvia or Sophia. I think Simon secretly likes to play with dolls but only does it if he is playing with a girl. He and Brookie put Brookie's doll in a tiny baby carriage (it came with cakes and cookies in it when Eli was born) and had a whole conversation about whether or not the baby was cold and then they covered her with a towel so that she would be warmer. They also set up the kitchen chairs like a train. Simon was the driver, of course, and he wouldn't let anyone on without a ticket. Brookie has a little sister, Tori, who is a month or so older than Eli, but they didn't seem all that interested in each other and they both went to sleep in the middle of dinner.
On Saturday we went to the Weinstocks for lunch. The Galpers and the Scharfs were there too. Simon had the best time with Jonah Weinstock. At one point, Simon, Eli and I were in their playroom where they have a basketball hoop. Simon said to me "I can't throw the ball in the hoot. Can you do it?" I picked up a soccer ball and threw it in the hoop. Simon said "Nice shot, Mom! Now use the basket ball." So I did and then he said "Now throw Eli in the hoot."
David was on babysitting duty last night while I went to the Rod Stewart concert with my mom. I am not ashamed to admit that I really like Rod Stewart and we had great seats so it was fun except that it took an hour to get out of the parking garage when it was over!
Today Simon and I returned to music class. I gave him a big talk about how he is not allowed to run at all during music class. He was VERY good during the class, but I think he was so bored because as soon as we sang the goodbye song he ran for the door and said "let's go now!" We went to run some errands after. We returned a shirt to Target and some shoes to DSW. I was looking at other shoes at DSW while I was carrying the bag with the shoes to return. Simon kept saying to me "you can't find where to put those shoes?" I guess he doesn't get the concept of returning something to a store!
When we got home, David and I switched kids and I stayed home with Eli while David and Jesse took Simon to BJ's. Simon loves going there and he had an added bonus when he got home and Ducky was here because she had come to drop off some stuff. David stayed home for naptime and I went to a l'chaim for Ilana and Adam (who I know are now excited that their names are in the blog...). When I got home, Eli had just woken up from his nap and Simon had apparently never gone to sleep. David left for a SuperBowl party shortly after that and I gave the kids dinner and put them to bed and then spent the next 3 hours cleaning the house. I had just finished when David got home and told me that, sadly, the Bears lost. Oh well--he can't blame me because I was wearing a Bears shirt all day like he wanted me too!

No comments: