







Some quick catching up: on Wednesday we had a pretty quiet day. While Eli napped in the morning, Simon and I just hung out and watched some DVDs and played computer games. After lunch, we went to the "gymboree" in the mall. Gymboree here does not mean the store or the gym class, but it's what they call the play areas in the mall. They have lots of fun things for both kids and a fun time was had by all. I also met someone who may be in my program at Bar Ilan. She still has to decide whether she wants to go--it starts on Wednesday and I think it's funny that she hasn't had to commit to them yet.
On Thursday, we were woken up bright and early by Tova, the cleaning lady. Although she wakes us every Thursday morning, I like it that she comes so early so that she is gone early too. Simon and I stayed out of her way as much as we could and she even let Simon take a picture of her since he is obsessed with taking pictures. Simon really likes her even though he doesn't understand a word she says. Eli was at Becky's and Simon and I left to go meet Ducky at her hotel shortly after she called to tell us that she landed. She was supposed to call us when she got to the hotel, but we decided we'd try to get there first and surprise her. When we got to the hotel, the guy at the desk said she'd checked in already and told us her room number, so we went up and knocked but she wasn't actually there yet. We went back down to the lobby and bumped into Ducky who was waiting for the elevator! Simon was thrilled to see her and was happy to hear that her suitcase that didn't arrive was not the one with his presents in it!
We brought Ducky back to our house and then I went to pick up Eli. He didn't recognize Ducky at first and looked at her kind of suspiciously but then he decided that he liked her. We didn't do much in the afternoon. While Eli was napping, Ducky wanted to take a rest too, so Simon and I went out to run a few errands. I wanted to stay out a little bit longer than the errands took, so we went on a little drive and drove through a really pretty little neighborhood. Simon announced that he had to pee and he said "I really need to pee now, I can't wait so long." He peed on the side of the road and then we went home.
Yesterday, we spent the day at the beach and the pool at Ducky's hotel with the Saltzmans. Simon had a blast with Danya and Jordy. First we went to the beach and we all played in the water. Eli was holding a cookie and he got it wet, so I took it away from him and he cried as if I had hurt him very badly. Complete with pouty face and real tears. He stayed mad at me for a long time. That kid holds a grudge.
We ate lunch by the pool and then we all successfully (except for Josh) snuck into the pool--they are really strict about non-guests going to the pool. Probably because non-guests steal towels, which is what I did.
We left around 3 to come home and get ready for Shabbos and then Ducky and Papu came over after Papu landed and got to the hotel. We had a very nice Shabbos. While David and Papu were at shul, Simon and Eli were playing with cars in the living room. Eli obviously felt very grown-up as Simon let him have one of his big race cars and he was driving it all around the room following Simon. Eli went to bed before we all ate dinner last night and Simon made it through the soup course and then lay down on the couch for a couple of minutes and then said that he wanted to go to bed. I love when he puts himself to sleep.
Today the Nussbaums came over for lunch. Simon and Maya have become great friends. She's almost a whole year younger than he is, but they played really nicely together. Simon was a little too rough with Eli too many times so he got a time out and Maya yelled at him and said "you hit Eli. Not nice, Simon. Time out." After lunch, Papu took Simon to the park to play football even though it was 100 degrees outside. When they got back, David and Eli napped while I beat Papu at Rummikub and Ducky played with Simon. Simon played Rummikub too for a little bit. He was on my team, but he wanted his own board, so I gave him one and put a couple of my tiles on it. He was making the tiles talk to each other--he put one on the top row and one on the bottom and was saying "hi four...i'm looking down at you." and then "hi other four...I'm looking up at you!"
I woke up David at 6:30 and then I took a short nap while everyone else went to the park. When they got back Shabbos was almost over so we got the kids ready for bed and then Ducky and Papu left right after Shabbos. Eli went to bed and Simon asked if he could stay up for a few minutes. We said ok and then when I told him it was time for bed, he said "ok, but first I just need one piece of candy." He had a huge fit when I told him no way and eventually David got him to go to bed.
Pictures are taking too long to upload,, so I will add them later.
No comments:
Post a Comment