What a day...it is not easy to run after 2 kids while fasting!! David slept in this morning and then when he got up at 10, I went to bed for an hour but then he woke me up so that he could go to work. Eli was napping and Simon was in a foul mood. I'm not sure what his problem was, but he kept yelling at me and having temper tantrums about everything. Finally, he agreed to watch a movie. He took out the DVD case and was looking through it and he picked out Top Gun and asked if he could watch. I told him that it's not a kids movie but he really wanted to see it, so I said ok. He put it in and turned it on and after a couple of minutes of watching the beginning with all the airplanes flying around he said "this is about airplanes...see, I do like it!" But then he got bored and switched to watching his Hot Wheels movie.
Eli didn't wake up until almost 1pm at which point I gave the kids lunch and then tried to keep them occupied while I built a couple of dining room chairs and worked on their closet which for some reason is taking forever to build. Maybe because the kids think it is fun to pull out all of their clothes and then watch me fold them again. As soon as I get the doors on the closet, I am going to lock them so they can't get at the clothes!
At 3:00 we went to Boaz's so that the boys could watch the movie Cars. Simon informed Boaz "I saw this movie once on the BIG screen." Boaz was suitably impressed and they watched the movie and played at the same time. Eli ate bamba and loved it (don't tell Dr. Roth that I gave him peanut-butter based food before he turned 1...he also ate a chocolate cookie the other day) and also had fun playing with Uri when he woke up from his nap.
Simon really didn't want to leave after the movie, so we agreed to meet up with Boaz at the park near our house. We came home and dropped off Eli with David who had come home from work already and then we went to the park for an hour. We tried to stop and buy some vegetables on the way home, but I had forgotten that today is Tuesday which is the day that all stores inexplicably close really early. I'm not sure what time "really early" is, but anytime I've tried to go anywhere on a Tuesday, everything is closed.
Let's hope that the planned strike doesn't actually happen so that Ducky can arrive on schedule on Thursday...Simon asked me yesterday "did Ducky and Papu land yet?" I told him that Ducky is coming on Thursday and Papu on Friday and he said "what day is today? Is it Thursday or Friday yet?"
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment