Thursday, July 05, 2007

SO Many Cousins




No time to write a whole lot right now because we are finally moving all of our stuff out of Vered's, but I'm taking a break while waiting for David to get back from bringing a few bags to the apartment.
Last night we went to Dodi's for a big barbecue with ALL of the cousins. There were a billion kids there and Simon had a fantastic time. Rocky picked up Simon and me in Ra'anana and then we picked up Huvi and Co. in Jerusalem and then met David at Rocky's house to pick up 2 of her kids. When we were all getting into various cars to go to Dodi's, Simon cried and cried because he wanted to go with all the other kids in Rocky's big blue bus. We traded him for Freddy because I wouldn't take any of the other members of the Cohen family because they tend to vomit on winding roads which were the kinds of roads we were going on! Coby was getting into Rocky's car and she told him where to sit. He said "I don't want to sit there, I want to sit next to (pointing to Liam) Yishai." Rocky said "Who is Yishai? That is Liam." Coby just shrugged and said "whatever, I want to sit next to him." By the end of the year, I am determined to know the names and ages of all these kids!! They are all so nice and they included all their American cousins immediately. I think Simon thinks he's at school when we are with all of them.
Gotta finish packing (this packing is less annoying than the packing to come here, but still annoying and we still need to get closets and dressers so it's not like I"m going to be able to unpack anything and we are still going to be living out of suitcases for a few more days).
I have made progress on the internet set-up though--I had to go pick up the wireless modem/router thing from the Bezek store, which is about 5 minutes from here. Unfortunately, instead of turning into the parking lot, I went straight onto the highway--I still don't know which highway I was on, but there were no exits for a long time so it took way longer than 5 minutes and I did manage to find my way back even without the GPS that of course I had forgotten to bring!

No comments: