Monday, July 09, 2007

Freedom!

I just got back from dropping off both kids at their respective school and daycare. Yay, I'm free!! At least for a few hours. I have a whole lot of cleaning up of our apartment to do while I'm waiting for the guy to come install the a/c (let's all hope and pray that he actually comes today).
A brief recap of the past few days:
On Friday, while Simon was at gan (by the way, he thinks his teachers' names are Gan and Frieda) and Eli was napping, David went to Ikea and bought a dining room table and chairs as well as closets for the kids room and shelves for our closet. In the afternoon, we went to the beach in Herzliya with the Levines. I love it that we are so close to the beach! The water was amazing and both kids had a blast. We left way later than we should have but somehow managed to avoid bad traffic and made it to Jerusalem before Shabbos started. We stayed in the Osbands' apartment and ate dinner at Huvi's. Simon and Ezra had a few really funny conversations, none of which I can remember right now, but they always sound very serious when they talk to each other, like they are discussing the state of the world.
On Saturday, we stopped by to say hi to Mic and Ayla and the boys and then we had lunch at the Dan Panorama and then went back to Huvi's where some people took naps. David and Simon napped in the same room as Ezra, but somehow they slept through Ezra taking off all of his clothes and coloring all over himself! He came out of his room with purple arms and a yellow tummy--it was pretty funny!!
My friend Matt came over in the afternoon as well as Efrat and her daughter Noa. It was SO great to see them--we hung out in the park for a little bit and then after they left, we just hung around until Shabbos was over and then we drove back to Ra'anana. We were listening to a CD of the Moshav Band in the car and there's a song that has a part that is something about a bird flying and its children are alone. Simon asked David what the song was about and David said a bird. Simon said "no, I think it is about children. And they are alone."
Yesterday was David's first day of work--I will never get used to Sunday being a work day. It really throws me off and I never know what day it is the rest of the week. It feels like today should be Tuesday.
When Simon got home from school, he helped me build the dining room table. At first, when I opened the box, I wasn't sure that I'd be able to do it myself and I said as much out loud. Simon said "you aren't by yourself, you are with me." If the table falls apart, it is his fault (or mine for letting him screw in some of the bolts!)
In the late afternoon, Simon had his first sports class. It was amazing and he loved it. He was shy at first and didn't want to participate, but once he warmed up, he couldn't get enough.
When David got home, he took the kids to the park and I went to the supermarket. The park is right across the street from us and you can see it from our window. Simon said to David when they got to the park "finally, I can see what is in this park!"

No comments: