Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Harrison is Here!

Yesterday was a pretty typical day. The kids went to gan/daycare in the morning and then we came home and ate lunch and Eli took a nap while Simon played and watched some DVDs. Poor kid gets really stir-crazy during Eli's nap. After Eli's nap, we met Debbie and Maya and Orly at a place called Ketanim U'gedolim (Little and Big) that is a big playspace with lots of toys and fun things to climb on. They also have a different activity every day and yesterday's happened to be Playball with Dion which is the same sports class and teacher that Simon goes to on Sundays. Simon didn't actually want to go to the class and played with Maya in the playspace instead. But then, we got the kids dinner there and he noticed the class again and wanted to go in. I don't think he actually participated, he just watched, but he seemed a little confused because Dion was leading the class in Hebrew and the one that he goes to is in English.
Today I was running some errands before I picked up the kids and I got a call from Simon's friend Ari's mom asking if we wanted to come over after gan. I said yes because I felt bad that Simon always has to do nothing while Eli naps. I figured I would just put Eli in for a later nap and it worked out very well. Simon and Ari played SO nicely together. Ari has 6 older brothers and sisters and they all really liked entertaining Eli. A fun time was had by all. At one point, Simon and Ari both had to pee, so they went together. Then Simon had to poop, so he was sitting on the toilet and Ari was standing in the bathroom and they had the following conversation:
Ari (looking in the mirror): I see my hair.
Simon: Did you get a haircut?
Ari: No, it's just falling out a little.
Simon: We're scared of haircuts, right?
Ari: I'm not scared of haircuts.
Simon: I am because I don't like the shavers.
Ari: I like the shavos.
Simon: You do? Or you don't?
Ari: I do like them.
Simon: The shavers?
Ari: Yes, the shavos. I'm not scared of them.
Simon: I am.
Ari's mom made them pizza for lunch. They asked to sit outside at a little table, so they were sitting down and she asked them if they wanted pizza with olives or plain. Ari said he wanted plain and Simon wrinkled up his nose and said "I want plain too. We don't eat olives because we are only 3 years old."
When we got in the car to come home, I said to Simon "guess who is coming over later for dinner?" He didn't know, so I told him Harrison. His eyes got really big and he said "ooh, Harrison from our Boston house??" Ben, Gab and Harrison came over around 7 right as David was getting home from work. Eli stayed up until around 8 and we let Simon stay up until they left close to 10. Simon and Harrison mostly played well together--Harrison has grown up a little since we left so he no longer just lets Simon boss him around without talking back! The Sigels reported that all is well on Rawson Road although they haven't been sufficiently spying on our tenants to tell us definitively that our house hasn't been trashed. It was great to see them (and to spend time with fellow Americans...I didn't realize how exhausting it has been hanging out with British and South African people because I have to concentrate hard on understanding their accents!) and I will probably take the boys to Herzliya to see them again tomorrow afternoon.
Sorry for the lack of pictures--the camera battery is dead and I couldn't find the charger. I finally found it so I will take some pictures tomorrow.

No comments: