

On Tuesday night as we were about to go to bed, I heard Eli crying and sort of gagging. I picked him up and brought him out of his room and he immediately vomited all over me and the floor. It was lovely. David cleaned him up while I cleaned up myself and the floor and then Eli was in a great mood and wanted to play. We made him go back to bed and he woke up fine in the morning, so maybe he just ate something he didn't like (I did give him some weird tofu thing for dinner). Or maybe he's teething because he has been chewing on his hands a lot more than usual. It would be nice for him to have more than 2 teeth.
Yesterday morning, after I took Simon to school, Eli and I went to visit Bettina, who will be his daycare lady in the fall. She is great and her place is fine--not as big as Yaya's, but lots of toys and very bright. Comparable to the place that he's at now, but only up 2 flights of stairs instead of 3 so I will like it better! After that, Abby came and picked us up and took us on a tour of the supermarkets, fruit stores, store to buy all the American products (including Hunts tomato sauce--thank god!) and the fish store. We only actually went in to the fruit store and the supermarket and I got lots of stuff, including a hand blender and a kettle that I really needed.
By the time we got home and put away all the groceries, it was time to go pick up Simon. He said to me "did you bring me a drink?" I hadn't, but I showed him his cup in his bag that was still full from the morning. I asked him why he didn't drink it at school and he said he didn't know it was there. He showed it to Lily and said "see, I did have a drink in my bag!" She doesn't speak English so I don't think she had any idea what he was saying. He told me that he just drank water from a cup at school so at least he did have something.
We came home and I tried to convince Simon that he needed a nap, but he said "no, only Eli needs a nap and when he is sleeping you and me will play together in my playroom. Then what will do when he wakes up?" I told him that when Eli waked up we were going to go play with Harrison again. Simon liked that plan and that is what we did.
After Eli's nap, we piled into the car and went to Herzliya to see the Sigels. It's really close, but you have to drive over train tracks and we had to wait for 2 trains to go by which took forever, so we didn't get there until 5pm. The kids played on the beach and we sat by the pool for a little bit. Harrison loves to follow Simon around and do whatever he does and Simon loves having a little shadow. Eli just watches them and shrieks a lot so that he feels included in the conversation.
We didn't get home until a little after 7. While I was getting Eli out of the car, I watched Simon go over to the door, stand on his tiptoes and very carefully enter the code to open the door to our building. I couldn't believe that he knew what it was and he opened the door! He looked just as surprised as I was. David was home already and had made fish for dinner, so we all ate together and then I introduced Simon to lichees which he seemed to really like, but mostly he just liked to play with the peel that "we don't eat because it is too spiky."
I'm up early this morning because the cleaning lady came at 7. The kids are still sleeping and David just got up because the a/c guys are back to install the a/c in our bedroom. I thought they weren't coming until tomorrow, but I was happy to see them today!
No comments:
Post a Comment