Friday, July 13, 2007

Kids? What Kids?






So maybe having Sunday as a regular workday is ok since Friday is a day off of work for David, but the kids have school/daycare. We slightly overslept this morning since we were out really late last night (more on that in a minute), but we eventually got the kids out of the house a little after 9 and then David and I headed to the beach ALL BY OURSELVES! We were only there for a little over an hour, but it was amazing! It was not very crowded and the water was warm and it wasn't too hot outside yet. It's too bad that I will have school on Fridays starting in August. David just went to pick up the kids, so our free time is over, but it was nice while it lasted!
Yesterday morning I went to Ikea and bought 2 rugs and a loveseat. One rug is blue and I put it in the extra bedroom/playroom and it looks great. The other rug is brown and olive green because the loveseat is olive green and the other couch that we have is brown. I think the rug is too small, but I'm not sure. The loveseat just got delivered this morning so I need to give it a day or so and decide how I feel about the rug. There were some bigger ones that weren't that expensive, but I didn't like them as much.
In the afternoon, Simon and I hung out and watched some movies while Eli napped and then at 5:00 we went to Boaz's house. Boaz has a little brother, Uri, who is Eli's age, so both kids had fun playing and having some snacks. Simon and Boaz hardly played with each other at all, but Simon really liked Boaz's toys.
From there, we picked up David and went to meet Huvi and Freddy and the kids in Netanya for dinner. We had planned to go to a restaurant, but when we got there we walked through a huge street fair and stage set up for a concert right near the beach. So we decided to just get pizza at Pizza Hut and walk around and hang out there. The kids loved it because there was a merry-go-round that they went on a million times. I first took Simon and Ezra to see it and they were standing with their faces pressed up against the fence surrounding it looking so longingly at it, so of course I paid the 7 shekel (a little less than $2) each for them to go on. While they were waiting, Simon said to Ezra "we are going to go in that car...will that be cool?" Ezra confirmed that it would be.
We ended up not getting home until after 10pm, hence the oversleeping this morning!

No comments: