
This morning we all slept a little bit late and I didn't take Simon to gan until 9. He was in a great mood and was especially happy because Ezra had left his little tiny winnie-the-pooh in a crab costume in Simon's carseat. Simon said "I can have this now because Ezra isn't here." He said it in kind of a mean "haha, I win" sort of way because he and Ezra had been fighting over it the day before. He took it with him to gan and it didn't come home with him, so hopefully Ezra won't ask for it next time we see him!
While Simon was at gan, David and Eli and I went to Ikea in Netanya. It only took about 15 mintues to get there and it was nice to be in the familar maze of Ikea! I got a little bit homesick when I saw Simon's exact bed that he has at home--we almost bought it for him, but then decided to let him use the bed that was already in the apartment, which is actually quite similar to that bed. We picked out a dining room table and chairs that we will probably go back and get and then we bought lots of plates, silverware, pots, towels, pillows and other random things. They did not have any cribs, which was our main reason for going today. As we were leaving, we passed a store that we thought might be a kid's furniture store, but we weren't exactly sure based on the name. I ran in and they were a kid's furniture store, but no cribs. They told me about another store further up the road, so we went there and I was very proud of myself for buying a crib and a highchair and doing the whole transaction primarily in Hebrew, including arranging for delivery and explaining to the saleswoman why I wanted the cheapest crib and highchair so that she wouldn't think I was just a cheap bad mother! She told me that it would probably be delivered today, but otherwise tomorrow. When we hadn't heard from them by 6:30, we assumed that it wouldn't be delivered, so we decided to spend tonight at Vered's again. I did set up Simon's bed and our bed, which was also delivered today. It's very comfortable. When Simon saw his bed--it has his sheets from home, but I bought him a new comforter that is blue and green striped--he said "wow, I like this! These stripes are nice and I like the green because it is my favorite color."
We went to the mall to get dinner and buy a shower curtain. Of course as soon as we sat down to eat, the crib store called and said they were on their way to deliver the crib and would be there in 20 minutes! We told them we needed 1/2 an hour and then rushed to eat and go.
The crib is now all set up and ready with Eli's sheets on it, but we are sleeping at Vered's anyway. Hopefully tomorrow we'll sleep at our place, but we might wait another day until the air conditioner gets installed (although the place gets a great cross-breeze and wasn't really that hot without it). And, tomorrow, David is going to be in Jerusalem for most of the day with the car, so we're not going to be able to move any of our stuff during the day and then we're going to a barbecue at Dodi's, but we'll see what happens.
David is taking Eli with him and while Simon is at gan, I am going with our apartment's owner to buy a washer and dryer.
No comments:
Post a Comment