




We finally moved into our apartment! We are sleeping here tonight for the first time and I successfully set up our internet connection and American phone line. The a/c hasn't been installed yet, but we have all the windows open and it's actually very comfortable. I'm even a little bit chilly sitting on the couch next to the open window. I'm not sure that I will want to be here during the heat of the day, but we are going to Jerusalem for Shabbos and then the a/c is being installed on Sunday or Monday (so I'm guessing really by Wednesday) so it shouldn't be too bad. I will take the kids to the mall or somewhere air conditioned if it's too hot to be here.
This morning while Simon was at school and Eli was napping, I packed up all our stuff at Vered's and David brought it all over to the apartment. After we picked up Simon, we headed straight to Hadera to meet my friend Seth (another ex-JCRC person) and his wife Jen and their daughter Noa who are here from California. We went to a place called Storyland or Fantasyland or something like that--it is basically a big room with lots of things for kids to play with--it has moon-bounce thing and some big slides and ball pits and those kinds of things. Like a small version of Chuck E. Cheese, I suppose. It's great because there's stuff for kids of all ages and all 3 kids had a blast. Eli is fearless and was climbing up ramps and not caring when he'd fall down. Simon loved jumping on everything and rolling down the big giant slide.
We went out for a very early dinner to a restaurant in Caesarea. I will never get used to the weird Israeli phenomenon of nice restaurants that are literally attached to gas stations. The food was really good and Simon gobbled up a lot of sweet potato ravioli. It was the most I've seen him eat since we've been here, so we might have to schlep back to that restaurant! There was a little carwash in the parking lot of the restaurant that Simon insisted on going in. I told him no at first and he said "but Mommy, the car is VERY dirty and it MUST be cleaned." He was right, so we did go through the car wash which looked like I could have built it myself.
We came back to Ra'anana and came straight to our own apartment. Simon was happy to be here and was very well behaved for his bath. He and Eli had a great time splashing around and then they both went to bed pretty easily.
David went to Arica's to pick up some more of our stuff and hopefully he will be back soon because I want to go to sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment