Eli had his first day of "camp" today. He seemed to have a good time. He didn't cry when I left, but when I picked him up he was so happy to see me that he threw the toy that he was holding in all his excitement.
When I picked up Simon, his friend Boaz's mom asked if we wanted to come over one day this week. We decided we'd get together tomorrow. When we were getting in the car, I asked Simon if he was excited to go to Boaz's house tomorrow. He said yes and then he said "soon are we going to go to my girlfriend's house? She's the one who speaks Hebrew." I asked him what her name is and he said "I don't know. What is her name? You tell me!" I started naming the girls in his class and it seems that Elior is his girlfriend. I'm not sure what kind of relationship they have if she only speaks Hebrew and he can't remember her name!
After school, we stopped at the rug store to buy a rug for the boys' room. I had passed by the store a few times and seen a green fuzzy rug in the window that I thought Simon would like. He loved it and it was pretty cheap, so we bought it. They had some other nice rugs, so maybe we will go back to get one for the living room once we get some more furniture and I have a better idea of what color to get.
We came home and ate schnitzel for lunch and then Eli took a nap and Simon and I played computer games and built some drawers for my closet until Eli woke up at 5. Then we went to the park and David met us there and we went out for dinner. On the way to dinner, we passed a much better park about 1/2 a block from the one we were at. We'll go to that one next time!
Eli just went to bed and now David and Simon are leaning out the window watching kids play soccer in the park across the street. Simon looks really funny because he is wearing an undershirt and underwear but the shirt is tucked into the underwear.
I'm going to put pictures in a separate post so I can more easily label what they are because I took a few of our (still unairconditioned--now they say they are coming on Wednesday--let's hope we haven't melted by then) apartment.
Brace Face
6 years ago
1 comment:
What a funky apartment!
Your posts have been so much fun to read. I forgot about how bureaucratic Israel is! Write as often as you can, I read it all.
-Valerie
Post a Comment