Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm Freezing and I Love It!




The A/C guys showed up bright and early this morning...although they woke us up, I was so happy to see them! It is finally nice and comfortable in here--we even turned it off for a while because we were too cold. The guy is coming to install the dryer tomorrow and then we will be all set up. The cleaning lady is also coming tomorrow and it will be nice to have a cool clean house and some clean laundry to go with it!
This morning Simon went to school and Eli and I went to the mall to go back to the Pelephone store to get David's phone card. I thought I was parking right near the store, but we still got lost trying to find out. I don't understand why the mall is so confusing!! We also went to Home Center (the equivalent of Home Depot) to buy cleaning supplies for the cleaning lady. I hope I bought the right things-I had to go by the pictures on the bottles because I wasn't sure what anything was.
From the mall, we went to a little playgroup at Tasha's house. She is one of the people who I met at Simon's sports class. There were 3 other women there with their babies, all around Eli's age or a little younger. One of them, Kira, is originally from Toronto so of course she knows TK and had the usual reaction of "wow, you are married to TK's brother?!" Eli spent the whole time climbing up the stairs and torturing another baby. It was interesting to see him interacting with kids his own age--he is always getting tortured by Simon so I guess this is how he fights back!
After playgroup, we picked up Simon and went to meet David for lunch. The waitress gave each of the boys a little toy car and Simon insisted on driving his along the sidewalk all the way back to the car.
David went back to work and I took the boys to Cesearea to Huvi's hotel to go swimming with the cousins. Simon has taken to repeating the instructions given by the GPS. It's really funny--he says "did you hear that Mommy...you need to prepare to turn left in 2 kilometers." I think "kilometer" means about as much to him as it does to me!! The pool at the hotel was great for Simon because the shallow end was big and shallow enough that he could stand by himself but deep enough that he could also float with his water wings. Eli wasn't so into it--he didn't really get a good nap today so he was pretty cranky.
After we swam for a little while, the boys and I waited while the Cohens got changed and then they followed us back to Ra'anana because they were having dinner with Vered. Simon recognized where we were when we pulled into the parking lot near Vered's and he said "are we going to see Vered now?" I told him that we weren't and he was sad, but I told him we'd see her soon.

No comments: