Friday, March 24, 2006

Blue Birthday Cake at Yaya's



Simon had a great day at Yaya's today. They celebrated his birthday and he got his cinnamon toast for breakfast and his pasta for lunch. I got there in time for the cake--there was a happy birthday sign up and Simon was sitting at the head of the table. He giggled in sheer delight when everyone sang happy birthday to him (first in English, then in Spanish) and then he blew out the candles--with some help from Yaya and the other kids--and then everyone enjoyed the cake that was decorated with many many blue M&M's. Then, Maria came to visit with the little baby, Julius, that she takes care of now. She brought a balloon for Simon and chocolates for all the kids. They all love when she comes to visit and it's really cute. Simon was very gracious and let Francesca and Felix play with the balloon too.
We came home and had salmon for dinner and Simon talked on the phone to Grandy (twice) and to Mama. He told Grandy about his Elmo balloon that Maria got for him and he told Mama that he was holding a cup of oj.
I asked Simon if he wanted to go to the airport with David to pick up Savti and Zayde. He got VERY excited and kept saying "going airporch! going airporch!" He loves the airport and definitely thought he was going on a plane because after his bath, I got out his pj's and he said "no pj's. Going airporch, get dressed!" I told him that he can wear pj's because he's not getting out of the car, he's just going to pick up Savti and Zayde. He looked disappointed, but was still excited to be going out so late. He ran into the kitchen and said to David, "Dada, need jacket!" And then he came to say goodbye to me and I asked him where he was going. He yelled "I'm going airporch!!" And then he ran out of the room shouting "bye" over his shoulder on his way out the door.

No comments: