Friday, March 31, 2006

Driving Fast!




Ever since Simon brought his yellow Hummer back from Grandy's house, he has come up with a new favorite game. He likes to take one of his (many) cars, bikes or trains that he can ride-on and then he likes for me or David (or Grandy or whoever is here) to take one too. Then we stand at the door to the kitchen and yell "fast fast fast" as we push the cars down the hallway. I added a new twist to this game where halfway down the hall I say "red light" and we have to screech to a halt and freeze until the light turns green. Simon just recently learned the difference between red and green lights, so he especially likes this part of the game. Whenever we are in the car stopped at a red light, he says "go Mommy" so I told him that we can't go when the light is red, we have to wait for it to turn green. So he waits patiently and then when it turns he yells "GREEN! GO NOW MOMMY!"
Yesterday on the way home from Yaya's house, Simon told me that his ear hurt. When we were getting out of the car, I asked him if it still hurt and he said yes. I told him that my ear hurts too. Then, he pointed to his head and said "head hurts too." And then he asked, "Mommy head hurt too also?" I said no, just my ear. And he said "feel better." When we got inside, I gave him some tylenol for his ear-ache/headache. As soon as he saw the bottle of tylenol he said "oh, my medicine." I have no idea where he learned that word. Right after he took it, he said "better now." He seemed fine this morning, so hopefully he doesn't have an ear infection!

No comments: