






Today David and I picked up Simon from Yaya's house and then we dropped David off at shul and Simon and I came home to get his costume before we went. Simon was VERY upset when David got out of the car and the whole way home he kept yelling at me to "turn around Mommy!" We got home and I was very pleased to see a box at the door that contained Simon's Thomas costume. Simon was excited when he saw the costume, but then really didn't want to put it on. I brought it to shul hoping that he would put it on when he saw all the other kids with their costumes.
When we got to shul, the Megillah reading had already started. Simon sat very nicely with me, Ducky, and Sarah for a little while and then he told me that he wanted to go out. Joshua came out shortly after in his Batman costume. He ran over to Simon, tapped him on the shoulder and said "tag, you're it" and ran away. Simon looked at me a bit confused and I told him to go chase Joshua. He ran away after him yelling "catch you catch you!" They chased each other around and had a great time. Eventually they were playing with other kids and Aleeza convinced Simon that he should put on his costume. He finally did and was so cute in it! Jon looked pretty good in it too:)
During the dinner that they served at the shul they had a parade of all the kids in their costumes. Everyone had a turn to get up and say their name and what they were dressed up as. Simon and Joshua didn't want to wait in line with the other kids, so they got on the stage from the other side and waited by the microphone before the whole thing started so they got to go first! Joshua was asked his name and he responded with a very loud "BATMAN!" When it was Simon's turn, he mumbled something unintelligble into the microphone.
I don't think Simon had any clue what was going on, but he had a fun Purim!
No comments:
Post a Comment