Thursday, March 23, 2006

Open This Door!


This morning, I woke up hearing Simon through the monitor at 6:45 saying "Mooooommmmmy, Moooooommmmmmy" and then getting more and more impatient as it was taking me too long to get out of bed. After a couple of minutes he said in a very firm tone "Mommy...open this door!" That got me out of bed and downstairs very quickly because it was just too cute. I took him upstairs hoping to get a few more minutes of sleep, but he freaked out and really didn't want to be anywhere near David. He calmed down as soon as David got up and went to go take a shower and then Simon and I watched Between the Lions, which might be the most boring show I've ever seen. Simon really liked the bunny that pops up between each scene and is supposed to be some sort of radio dj or something I think.
We actually got out of the house on time and I was at my desk at 8:30 for the first time in a very long time.
Simon was in a bad mood when we got home from Yaya's. All he wanted to do was see the fish, but he wasn't content to sit in the chair and look at them, he wanted me to hold him so he could look into the tank at a certain angle. And only I could do it, not David. Poor guy got so sad when I tried to take him into the kitchen to eat dinner. I sat back down in the living room with him and started making suggestions as to what he could eat for dinner. All he wanted was meatballs, which we had last night and we didn't have anymore. He just kept crying and saying "meatballs, meatballs." It was pretty pathetic. He suddenly stopped crying and said "eat broccoli soup" so that's what we did.
I went out and David gave Simon a bath and put him to bed. Apparently they had a big discussion about whether Simon is a girl or a boy. Simon was pretty insistent that he is a girl.

1 comment:

Arica said...

Between the Lions is brutal!