Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sick Day


Simon woke up at 2:30 in the morning and threw up all over his crib, his blanket, his quilt and BrrrrBrrrr. David was in charge of cleaning up the throw up while I was in charge of changing Simon and comforting him because all he wanted was to "see BrrrBrrr" but he couldn't because it was just too gross with the throw-up. I gave him some pedialyte and a saltine and then he really wanted to play with his trains. He couldn't go back to sleep in his crib because we had to put everything in the wash. He refused to go to our bed, so he and David ended up sleeping on the couch in the den. I woke them up at 7:30 at which point David went to bed and I tried to determine whether Simon was sick or not. I ultimately took him to daycare only to be told that he couldn't stay because there is a stomach virus going around and he probably has it. So we went home.
When we got home, Simon sat in his highchair and watched tv and ate applesauce for an hour and a half while I got some work done. Then he entertained himself for another hour or so while I did more work--I honestly have no idea what he was doing, but whatever it was kept him quiet so I can't complain.
I made him some jello for lunch, but it turns out that he really doesn't like jello. He ate a few small bites and I guess he thought he liked it because then he took a much bigger bite and then just looked at me with a look of fear on his face and his mouth wide open. I told him he could spit it out if he didn't like it, so he did. Then I gave him a bite of the baked sweet potato I had made for myself and he said "mmm, more please!" He ate most of that for lunch.
After lunch, despite lots of "no naps...no n'night...no sleeping Simon" he slept for 4 hours and woke up feeling much better.
Shortly after he woke up, David got home and we ate dinner. Simon kept asking for goulash, but we didn't have any so he ate raisins and a veggie burger and drank some orange juice. Then he had a bath and then it was back to bed. He went with little to no arguing even though he had just woken up from his nap 2 hours before, so I guess he is still not feeling 100%. Hopefully he'll be all better tomorrow.

No comments: