
This morning Simon had to say goodbye to Savti and Zayde who went back to Florida. He was sad to say goodbye, but he was happy to get to Yaya's house. He had a fun day and gave everyone hugs and kisses when we left. In the car on the way home, I told him that Grandy was going to come over for a few minutes. He said "Ducky go bye-bye?" kind of sadly because he hates it when she leaves. I said she wasn't moving in, so she would have to go bye-bye eventually. We were playing in the den when the doorbell rang and Simon yelled "DUCKY HERE!" and ran to the door. I opened the door and he said, "Oh, hi Ducky" as if he was surprised to see her. He played with the felt Thomas set that Pam got him and the Percy and Bertie that Auntie Mashie sent and then it was time for dinner. Grandy was going to leave, but Simon told her to "stam up and eat dinner, Ducky." So she had to get up and go into the kitchen with him. They sat at the table together and I gave Simon a bowl of peas and a plate of chicken. He gave the bowl to Grandy and said "eat, Ducky." He's such a good Jewish mother.
After dinner, David gave him a bath and then I read him some stories and put him to bed. He asked to take Percy with him and I said ok. Then he said "fog car too?" and I said no because it makes noise. He spent the next few minutes before he went in his crib saying "Percy n'night...no fog car n'night." When I put him in his crib, I covered him with his blanket and asked him if he wanted his quilt too because lately he hasn't wanted it. He said "no quilt. Just blanket." "Just" is a new one for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment