


Simon had a great birthday weekend. On Friday, he played with Savti for most of the day except for a brief trip with David to see Dr. Roth about his smoker's cough. He was very brave at the doctor's office for the first time in a long time. Savti and Zayde got him a ride-on Thomas the train toy that he absolutely loves. It plays the Thomas theme song and makes other noises and he's been riding it and pushing it around ever since he got it. Friday night we had a quiet dinner and Simon went to bed with no arguments.
On Shabbos, which was actually Simon's birthday, when he woke up, he got a present from Grandy and Papu, which was a set of tracks and a mountain for Thomas and all the trains. It has a little Sir Topham Hatt (Top-it Hatt is what Simon calls him) that Simon likes a lot. He had a lot of fun playing with that--it kept him occupied for a lot of the day. Simon went to shul with David and then Savti and I caught up with them for kiddush. Apparently Simon was very good in shul and he ate lots of gefilte fish balls at kiddush.
We went home for lunch and Grandy, Chucky and Jen all came over. Simon took turns making Grandy and Chucky play with him--what is a little boy to do when his 2 favorite people are in the same place at the same time? His only option, I guess, is to only play with them and ignore the rest of us! He did actually refer to Jen by name for the first time, so she was happy about that. As he did at Yaya's, Simon LOVED when we all sang happy birthday to him and he also liked his "bo-loo" cake.
This morning, Simon woke up at 7:30 and wanted to play. I told him it was still the middle of the night, but that I would let him watch tv in my bed as a special treat. I thought I would get a few more minutes of sleep this way. I dozed a little while he watched some weird show that we'd never seen before. In the middle of it, he looked at me and said "what is this tv?" He also pointed to my chin and said to me: "open this. I kiss under there." I lifted up my chin and he gave me a big kiss on the neck.
Today is actually Savti's birthday, but Simon got SO upset when he found it out that it isn't his birthday anymore and is only hers (he kept saying "no, MY birthday. SIMON birthday"). Savti was nice enough to share her birthday so we had to keep singing happy birthday to Savti AND Simon. Simon took Savti with him to music class. It was the first one in a new session so we got a new CD. This time Simon and Francesca didn't seem fazed to see each other outside of Yaya's house and they had a great time together.
We got home and had lunch and then Simon took a very long nap from 1 until 4:30pm. He woke up a little bit cranky and didn't want to be near anyone except for me (something that he doesn't do very often and I secretly love). Charles came over and brought him his very own guitar for his birthday. Simon loves to play the guitar at Charles' house, so he was very excited to get his very own.
We got dinner from Rubin's and Simon ate exactly 3 noodles, 2 bites of chicken and 1 piece of broccoli. And he poured some milk into his bowl of chicken. He hasn't learned the rules of kosher yet.
Whe I was putting him to bed, he insisted on reading his ladybug book for the 2nd night in a row. Similar to Between the Lions, this might be the most boring book in the world. It's bascially a science book for kids. I skip most of it when I read it to him and tonight he actually stopped me in the middle and said "no more ladybug. Different book now." Phew.
Gotta go finally put away all of my clothes in my brand new closet that David and his dad built for me! They were working on it on Friday and my mom came to see. She said to Simon, "is this Mommy's closet?" and Simon said "No, Phil's closet!!" (Phil is the carpenter who did the construction).
No comments:
Post a Comment