
Yesterday, I finally got Simon to be willing to leave Yaya's house by telling him that Ducky was going to come over to see him. As soon as we got home he said "Where is Ducky?" I said she would be there soon, so he settled in at the kitchen table with some apple juice and was waiting. Then there was a knock on the door so he ran to the door yelling "I'm coming, Ducky, I'm coming." To his surprise, when I opened the door it wasn't Ducky, but, in fact, it was Chucky who had come to pick up David to go to the Israel rally. For the first time ever, Simon's response to seeing Chucky was "Hi Chucky. No Jen?" It seems that perhaps his loyalties are shifting. Right after David and Charles left, Ducky did arrive and she was carrying a bag. Simon immediately demanded to know what she brought for him. She brought him a sippy cup (because I threw away a sippy cup that we had stolen from her house once and suddenly Simon was asking for "cup that Ducky brought" so now he has one again) and a book called "No More Diapers for Ducky." It's actually about a duck and not about her--I think Simon caught on to the difference, but I'm not exactly sure.
Simon made Ducky read him that book over and over again a million times while he ate dinner. And then he wouldn't even let her take a bite of his veggie burger sandwich. Not that he was eating it himself, but he was not in the mood to share.
After dinner, Ducky left and I gave Simon a bath. He was pretty insistent about wearing his shoes in the bath, but somehow I was able to convince him that it wasn't a good idea. After his bath, we read No More Diapers for Ducky again and then also read a few other books and then Simon went right to bed. A few minutes later, he was crying so I went to see what was wrong. He stood up in his bed so I picked him up and he put his head down and said in a very quiet voice "please sing songs." He sounded so sad, so I sat in the rocking chair and we sang HaTikvah 5 times and then he hopped off my lap and got into bed and slept until almost 8 this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment