Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Simon Almost Gets Lost


After daycare today, we went straight to Young Israel for the Weinstocks' baby's bris. We got there a little bit late and Simon went and sat with Charles who was sitting next to Dave and Elan. Simon behaved very nicely and even shared his little toy monkey on a spring (that he calls Curious George even though it looks nothing like Curious George at all) with Elan. Then he ate a yummy dinner of chicken nuggets and french fries and he ran around playing with Elan and some balloons and some other kids. At one point, he came with me to check out the dessert and then I started talking to someone and I saw (or at least I thought I saw) Simon run back to where David was, so I just assumed that David was watching him. A few minutes later, I noticed that David was talking to someone and Simon was nowhere to be found. I looked around the whole room and didn't see him anywhere. I started to get a little bit freaked out although I was pretty sure that he had to be somewhere in the building. David went upstairs to look for him and I was looking inside the shul and all over downstairs. I looked up and saw that David had found him upstairs where he had gone and was looking through the window into the room downstairs. When David found him, Simon pointed through the window and said "look, I see Mommy!" David told him that Mommy was very upset and Simon looked at him confused, so David said that I was upset because he had run away by himself and I didn't know where he was. They came downstairs and Simon gave me a big hug and said "you happy now Mommy?" Then he asked me to come back up with him and we were looking through the window and I asked him if he had come up and looked out the window by himself before. He said "yes. I saw Mommy and I saw Mommy crying." I asked him if that made him sad and he said "no I not sad. YOU sad." Then he gave me a big smile and said "you happy now Mommy!"
When we got home, Simon had a bath and then really didn't want me to put any cream on the rash that he has on his legs. Finally David asked him if he wants the rash to go away and he said yes. So David said the only way to make it go away is to put cream on it. Suddenly he thought that was the best idea he had ever heard.

No comments: