Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Lake Cochichuate







Today was a great day! As soon as we all woke up, we ate a quick breakfast, got dressed and got our stuff together and went to Annie, Avner and Joshy's house. We got a tour of their new house, which is so nice and Simon immediately found some of Joshy's trains to play with. Then we went to pick up Avner's parents' boat and we headed to Lake Cochichuate. It's only 15 minutes away and I'm not sure why we've never gone there before. It's probably not as much fun if you don't have a boat, but there is also a little beach there. On the way, we were following behind them and they had the boat attached to their car. Simon asked if we were going to catch the boat and then spent the whole ride yelling "come here boat. Bring your tushy here boat!" We went out on the boat and had a great time. Simon and Joshy both got to drive the boat and Simon especially liked when we went through a couple of little tunnels. David went in the bumper tube off the back of the boat. Simon thought that was hilarious and when David fell off, Simon said "Dada, you fall off!! You bump your head?" The first part he sounded like he was making fun of David and the second part was more concerned. It started to get really hot, especially for the little boys since they were wearing life vests on top of their t-shirts, so we found a little tiny strip of beach where we could stop and have lunch and go swimming. Simon did not particularly want to go in the water, but he had fun sitting inside the bumper tube and playing with a little boat. Then he just sat at the edge of the water throwing sand into the water. Simon and Joshy were both getting really tired, so we decided to go back and go home for naps. Avner water-skiied on the way back to where the car was. Joshy got very concerned when he let go and fell down, but Simon thought it was funny and kept saying "again, Avner, again!"
Although Simon was exhausted when we got home, he tried unsuccessfully to take a nap. He might have slept for 1/2 an hour, but we're not sure that he slept at all. David brought him upstairs where I was trying to take a nap and told him to go lie down with me and be very quiet and then he left. Simon was actually very quiet, whispering to himself for a while. I was using a lightweight purple blanket and he kept lifting it up over his face and saying "i see purple" and then putting it down and saying "no more purple." Then, he put both of his hands on either side of my face and said "what's wrong Mommy?" Nothing had been wrong until he woke me up! Then he said he wanted to eat, so I told him to call for Dada to come get him. He yelled in a sing-song tone "Dada, come here. I want eat now." David came to get him and they played downstairs and then we all ate dinner.
After dinner, I went to Target to buy a baby pool for the backyard (they were all sold out unfortunately) and when I got home David was in the process of putting Simon to bed. Simon wanted me to come in and rock him, so we sat in the chair and I asked him what he did today. He said he went on a boat and then he said "Avner skiied. Avner fell down. Dada in tube. Dada fell down too." He repeated this a lot of times, so I guess that was the highlight for him. He also said that he was very hot. And that he sat in the sand and played with a green boat.
While we were talking tonight, Simon realized that David and I have names other than Mommy and Dada. He forgot Annie's name so he asked me "what Joshy Mommy name is?" I reminded him that it's Annie. Then he said "what Dada name?" I thought he meant Avner, but then he said "no MY Dada name?" I said David and he repeated it. Then he pointed at me and said "and what your name?" I said Emily and he repeated that too. Then we talked about his baby brother's name (he knows it's a secret so don't bother asking him!) and he said he loves his baby brother and that his baby brother wants some little cars and he wants some big cars!

No comments: