




Simon had a very busy weekend. Yesterday, he woke up and announced "MY TUM-MY HURTS." He kept saying that it hurt, but this did not stop him from having a fun day. We went to Charles and Jen's for lunch and Simon played the guitar and played with their milkshake maker and all the fun toys that he always finds there. He didn't want to leave, but we had to come home for naps. He slept for 2 1/2 hours, as did I. David slept longer and Simon and I read books and played with trains for a long time. He really wanted to fill up the baby pool that I finally bought for him, but it was raining and the pool was in the living room, so filling it up was not really an option. He liked to sit in it anyway and he was getting in it and he tripped over the edge and fell down and said "damnit." I guess that is better than other things that he has said.
This morning, David and I were talking about the colors to paint the baby's room. I really wanted to do a very light orange, but David and Simon both said no. Simon said "I think...blue!" I decided I wanted to do light blue on the walls and light green in the alcove part, so they went off to Home Depot to buy paint and supplies. They were going to go to the fire station on the way back because Simon has been asking to go see the firetrucks for a few days, but then he changed his mind once they were almost there. Simon picked out a green and a blue paint. David said Simon picked them on his own--he picked well. They got home and Simon was very excited to go upstairs and paint. David had gotten him a little roller that he used. He preferred to paint over and over in the same spot, so there will be one spot that is a little darker than the rest. The fun had to end for Simon when he leaned against the wall and got covered in paint. David called me to come shower him off and then he had to go take a nap. This did NOT make Simon happy because he really didn't want to miss out. I finally asked David to come downstairs and show Simon that he was taking a break too.
Right after Simon went to sleep, Papu called to see if he could take Simon out for ice cream, so I said I'd call when he woke up. This all worked out very well because David had gone to play frisbee and then to buy more paint (despite the fact that the room is actually smaller than my closet, they hadn't bought quite enough) and when Simon woke up the first thing he said was "I go finish painting baby brudder's room with Dada now." I told him that David wasn't here and he got very upset and insisted on going upstairs to check. I said that Dada was buying more paint and that Papu was going to come and take him out for ice cream in the meantime. He was very happy about that (but he did ask if Ducky was coming too).
I wanted to get him changed before Papu got here so he'd be ready to go. He was very agreeable to taking off his clothes and picking out a diaper and shorts and a t-shirt, but then he absolutely refused to put them on. He climbed into his rocking chair and refused to move. I put his clothes on BrrrBrrr instead and was still trying to negotiate with him when Papu got here. Simon ran to the door, but Papu wouldn't take him out without clothes, so he agreed to let me get him dressed. They had a great time and when they came back they were both pretty much covered in chocolate ice cream. We watched Papu drive his "race car" out of our driveway and Simon thought it was so funny that he was driving backwards.
A few minutes later, Simon and I left to go to the supermarket and we got outside and Simon said "where Papu's porsche?" as if he hadn't seen him just drive away 5 minutes earlier. We went to the supermarket where Simon got another Red Sox balloon to replace the one he had that deflated. He also picked out some Devil Dogs and reminded me that we needed popsicles. In his opinion, we did NOT need any rice pilaf (I snuck that into the cart when he wasn't looking) and "you don't need it any avacado Mommy." In his opinion, we did need blue milk (he likes the blue container and was sad that I actually bought the yellow kind which is whole milk for him) and squash (which we got) and yogurt covered raisins (which we didn't buy). He agreed with me that we didn't need any napkins because we have lots and lots of 'dose.
We got home at the same time as David so we ate a quick dinner and then they painted some more before Simon had a bath and went to bed. The room is almost done and looks good. I'm not sure who is prouder, Simon or David.
1 comment:
Either the baby's room is really small or your closet is really big...how come you never put pictures of your massive closet on the blog(for those of us who are closet impaired)???
Post a Comment