Friday, July 21, 2006

Phone Call



In the car on the way home from Yaya's house, we were stopped at a red light and Simon was looking out the window and he said "look, there is the pizza place." He was right, there was a pizza store, but not one we have ever been to. I asked him if he's been there and he said yes, so I asked him who took him there and he said he didn't know.
We got home and made noodles for dinner. Simon sat very nicely at the table--he now sits on his tush instead of on his knees because he has one boo-boo on each knee and it hurts him to sit on them. He can't really reach the table but he doesn't want to sit in his booster seat. He was eating pasta with a spoon and I had a fork. He said "don't you want spoon like me?" Of course, I switched to using a spoon.
After his bath, Simon was sitting in the chair in the living room and suddenly he said "I on airplane. I going to see Ducky." I tried telling him that he doesn't need to go on an airplane to see Ducky since she lives very close by, but he insisted. Then he took the phone and dialed some numbers and held it to his ear and said "Hi Ducky!" I asked him if he wanted to call her for real and he said yes. So I dialed the phone for him and then put it on speaker. He held it to his ear anyway and had a whole long conversation with Ducky. He doesn't quite get the concept of the phone though because he thought Ducky could see through it. He held it up to his knee and said "look at mine boo-boo."
After he hung up with Ducky, we read some books and then he went to bed.

No comments: