


This weekend, Ari, Ilana and Ian came to visit from New York. Simon liked playing with Ian and was generally very nice to him except for one small biting incident. Simon got a big time out for that and then when David asked him why he did it, he said "I was mad." So David asked him why and he said "because Ian was crying." I guess we will have to tell Simon's baby brother that he is not allowed to cry or he will get bitten.
On Friday, Simon got to stay up a little bit late to wait for Ian to get here. This was fun for him because Chucky and Jen were here too. Although he had already eaten dinner, he sat down at the dining room table and asked for more food and basically ate a second dinner. He was very agreeable to going right to bed after he said hi to Ian once they finally got here.
We were sitting in his rocking chair and talking about his day before he went to sleep and he told me that he saw Ryan's Dada and his doggies outside of Yaya's house. Then he suddenly said "I don't like Dov." I thought I knew where he was going with this and I said, surprised, "you don't like Dov?" He corrected himself and said "no, no. I don't like Dov's DOG." This is very true--he has been petrified of this dog since he was about 8 months old and the dog jumped on him in his stroller. He doesn't really like any dogs, but he particularly dislikes Jackson.
On Saturday, Simon woke up around 8 and David got up with him. They all went to the park at some point and I stayed home because it was too hot for me to venture outside! Then we came home and ate lunch and we all took naps and then hung out on the porch for the rest of the afternoon. Simon shared some cars and toys with Ian and also ate some of Ian's snacks.
On Sunday, Simon went with David to Target in the morning and he got new Thomas shoes since his old ones got too small. He loves his new shoes and shows them to everyone, saying "look at mine new shoes!" When they got back, David, Simon and Ari went to pick up some lunch and Ilana, Ian and I went to Magic Beans. Then we met back at home and ate lunch. Simon was very proud of all the errands that he ran. After lunch, everyone except for Simon and me went to the Red Sox game. I felt bad that Simon didn't get to go, but he really needed to nap and it was so hot. David has tickets to 2 games in September, so he will take Simon to one of those. Lucky for me, Simon slept for pretty much the whole time they were gone.
He woke up a little bit after 5 and was crying. When I went into his room, he was standing up in his bed, looking like he was thinking about jumping over the edge where his stuffed animals were. He cried for about 15 minutes because he wanted David and not me, but he calmed down when I turned on the tv and found Scooby Doo for him to watch. He got really excited when we heard someone at the door because he thought it was David. It was just Ari and Simon demanded of him "Where is mine Dada???" Luckily, David was right behind him so Simon didn't get too upset. He was happy to see Ian too and the 2 of them sat on the floor and watched tv together.
After the Milsteins left, Sheryl and Bill came over for a quick dinner. We ate outside and Simon somehow convinced Sheryl to go down to the backyard and play soccer with him--she was a very good sport about it and he had a great time. When it was time for them to leave, Simon said "I show you where the door is."
This morning, Simon woke up a little bit earlier than usual and we all stayed in bed for a while reading Pat the Bunny and watching Sesame Street. Then Simon threw a huge fit when it was time to get dressed. It literally took us 1/2 an hour to finally get him dressed and downstairs. I gave him a cookie to eat in the car and that made him happy and he was totally fine by the time we got to Yaya's house. In the car, Simon proved himself quite the backseat driver. He kept saying to David "be careful Dada!" and "you see car coming Dada?" and, my personal favorite, "don't hit that man, Dada." David blames this behavior on me. I blame it on David's driving.
When I picked him up, he really didn't want to come home because he was having fun running wild with Josh and Felix even though they all kept getting in trouble for going into the other room with no adults. We finally left and while I was putting him in the car, I noticed the big bag of dry cleaning that I was supposed to drop off and had forgotten about. I told Simon that we were going to go to the dry cleaners. He responded with "I want to see fire trucks." It took me a minute, but then I realized that the fire station is across the street from the dry cleaners! Unfortunately, the fire station doors were closed, so we didn't see any trucks. But, at the cleaners, one of the people who works there was drinking a small bottle of orange juice. Simon asked her what she had and she told him and asked if he wanted some. He said yes, so she gave him his own little bottle and he was very excited about that.
When we got home, he was playing with some stickers while I got dinner ready. He showed me that one truck sticker was broken and missing a wheel. Then he said "this truck broken. We need to find tow truck." I thought that was pretty smart. We found a tow truck sticker and attached the broken truck to it.
After dinner and a bath, Simon went to bed. I expect him to wake up in the middle of the night though because he took a lot of cars and trains to bed with him and I'm sure he will roll over onto something and hurt himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment