
Today the only way I could get Simon to leave Yaya's house was by reminding him that we were going to go to Magic Beans to buy Henry (one of Thomas the train's friends). Simon had been asking for Henry ever since he played with him at Joshy's house on Monday. Last night, Simon said to me "I want buy Henry and Edward" and a couple of others that I can't remember right now. I asked him if he has any money and he said "yes. I have it blue money." I wasn't sure what that meant. But I told him I would take him to buy at least Henry and maybe the others too. So we went to Magic Beans, but sadly, they didn't have Henry. Simon was ok with that and he picked out a Thomas and a Percy that have googly eyes, so we bought those instead. I told him that we would ask Dada to get him Henry next time he goes to Plaistow. I guess Simon thought somehow I meant that David had already gotten him Henry because as soon as David got home, the first thing that Simon said to him was "Dada, you have Henry?" I felt so bad for him, but he didn't actually seem to be upset that there was no Henry.
After a pretty decent dinner of a fruit cup, waffles, squash and a few bites of a veggie burger sandwich, David gave Simon a bath and I wanted to put him to bed. He really wanted nothing to do with me, though, and insisted on David reading him stories and putting him to bed. David was supposed to go out, so I eventually went into Simon's room to see if he would let me finish putting him to bed. At first he really didn't want me to, but David told him that I would read him some of his big Thomas book and that made him change his mind immediately. We read a little bit and then he agreed to take it with him into his bed and go to sleep. I left his room and a few minutes later heard him crying, so I went to see what was wrong. He had his book open backwards and asked me "where Cranky??" He was upset that he couldn't find the page that Cranky the Crane was on. Once I found it for him, he was fine and went right to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment