

We weren't quite sure what to do today--it was very hot, but thunderstorms were forecast. We thought about going to the beach or to a sprinkler park and then called the Krams to see whether they wanted to come too. Jess invited us over instead. We went and Simon played in the baby pool and the sprinklers with Isabella. He was a little bit apprehensive about the sprinkler at first--can't say I blame him because it was a Dora the Explorer sprinkler and it looked like Dora was having some type of seizure when she was spinning around--but he got used to it and they had a great time. They also put 2 little chairs next to the pool so they could sit on the chairs and put their feet in the pool. After playing outside for a long time, we went inside to have lunch of homemade pizza that David made. Simon totally freaked out when Dov came home with Jackson even though Jackson went straight to the basement so Simon didn't have to see him. I think Simon just associates Dov with a scary dog because he was really freaked out. After lunch, Simon and Isabella played some more. They each had a baby doll that they wrapped in blankets to put to sleep. Simon put his baby to sleep on the piano bench and had put a teddy bear next to it. He showed it to me and said "my baby sleeping. He has his BrrrrBrrrr." The next thing I knew, Simon was angrily taking the baby and putting it on a chair saying "you have it time out now. Here your BLANKET. Here your BRRRRBRRRRR. TIME OUT." I asked him why the baby was in trouble and he said "he standing up, not going n'night." I guess now I know what to do next time Simon won't go to bed! We decided it was time to take Simon home for a nap when he lay down on the floor and was quietly playing with a car.
We got home and he was very good about going to take a nap. Unfortunately, he woke up an hour later screaming at the top of his lungs. I think he had rolled over onto his steamroller or something because he was rubbing his arm and it was all red. He was crying so much that he couldn't tell me what was wrong though. I tried to get him to go back to sleep, but he really didn't want to. I got him to turn off the tears when I offered him a popsicle and we went to wait outside for David to get home with our new outdoor furniture. It took David the rest of the afternoon to build it--I am very excited about it! It's a loveseat, 2 chairs and a coffee table and now it's like we have another living room outside. After Simon went to bed tonight, we took the wireless tv and sat outside and watched the Boston Pops and the fireworks on tv. We just need to get some citronella candles or something to keep the bugs away and it will be really nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment