Friday, July 28, 2006

More Temper Tantrums


Like yesterday and the past few days before, this morning started out with a temper tantrum from Simon when it was time to get dressed. Today his reason was that he didnt like the shirt that David picked out for him so he actually calmed down when David suggested that he go pick a different one. He had another temper tantrum when I picked him up from Yaya's and he didn't want to come home. I literally had to pry his hands off of the handlebars of the bike he was riding. Then there was the temper tantrum that he had when we got home because he was being very slow so I carried him up the stairs and into the house. He stood by the door screaming his head off until I finally figured out that he wanted to do it himself, meaning go back outside and down the steps and then back up again by himself. Once I got that that was what he wanted, the tears were turned off immediately.
Then we went into the kitchen to make noodles for dinner. Simon gave me a big pot and he took a little pot. I put mine on the stove and was boiling water in it. Simon was happy to put a few noodles and some cold water in his and just stir it and occassionally taste the water. The noodles we were using were elbows, which he thought was a funny name for noodles. I asked him where his elbows are and he showed me, then I asked where mine are and he showed me and then I asked where baby brothers are and he laughed and said "baby brudder not have any elbows!"
While we were cooking, the doorbell rang. Simon said "ooh, maybe it's Dada." So we went to see and Simon ran to the door yelling "we're coming!" We opened the door to see a high school girl who was collecting signatures to increase funding for public education. Simon took one look at her, pointed and said incredulously "You're not Dada!!" David came home shortly after that and we ate dinner and then Simon had a bath and it was my job to put him to bed.
I was so tired and really didn't want to read books so I broke my rule and got in his bed. We played in his bed with Thomas for a while and then he wanted to sit in the chair and sing songs, so we did that. Then, I put him in his bed and he told me a whole long story about how he needs a new BrrrBrrr, a purple one and a purple one for baby brudder too because BrrrBrrr is broken and dirty. He also told me that he has roller skates at Yaya's house and he counted to a million in Spanish (ok maybe it wasn't a million, but it was definitely higher than 10 and for all I know was actually right--I don't know anything after cinco, so I had to just trust him!)

No comments: