

Yesterday, David picked up Simon because I had a meeting and wasn't going to be home until very late. They went straight from Yaya's to meet some guy with whom David was trading Red Sox tickets. After they got the tickets, David gave them to Simon to hold. He was looking at them and said "'dis Red Sox?" which he knew because he recognized the logo. David said yes and then Simon said "at Fenway?" We knew that he knew that the Cubs play at Wrigley, but we never heard him talk about Fenway before!
Apparently Simon was very well-behaved with David. I went to give him a kiss when I got home and I tried a little bit to wake him up--I whispered "Simon, are you sleeping?" and he nodded his head without opening his eyes. Very cute.
At 4:00 in the morning, we woke up to hearing Simon screaming at the top of his lungs "NO YOU MOVE IT. NO, YOU MOVE IT." Assuming that one of his cars was in his way or something, I went into his room. He was NOT happy to see me and was flailing all over the place screaming "YOU GO BYE-BYE MOMMY. YOU LEAVE. GET OUT." I was trying to calm him down, but to no avail. I asked if he wanted Dada, and he said no. I asked if he wanted me to lie down with him and he said no. I asked him if I should leave and he said yes, so I left but he was still crying so much, so I stood by the door. This made him cry harder and he said "YOU GO AND CLOSE THE DOOR." I really didn't want to leave him so upset, so I made the mistake of going back over to him and picking him up. This made him even more upset and he was screaming louder than I've ever heard and then when I tried to put him back in bed he got even madder and said "NO, I GET BACK IN BED MYSELF" so I put him down on the floor and he got into bed himself. Then I asked him if he wanted to cry in bed by himself and he said yes, so I left and he said "SHUT THE DOOR." So I did and stood outside the door for 10 minutes until the crying got a little bit quieter and then I went back to bed and waited for him to stop crying completely. It took another 10 minutes and then mid-cry he was silent. This morning, I asked him if he remembered what happened in the middle of the night and he said "I crying a lot" and then he paused and said cheerfully, "but I happy now!"
He was very hyper when I picked him up this afternoon and he was being very funny. We were playing in the den and then David called from the Butcherie to see what he should buy for dinner. Simon grabbed the phone away from me and said "hi Dada." I put it on speaker phone and David asked him what he wanted for dinner. Simon said "I want...squash!" And then he said no to everything else that David suggested and then he said "I turn it off phone now."
No comments:
Post a Comment