
Yesterday Simon had a very manly day watching football with David and Charles and Bill. I was at Abi's wedding in Buffalo, so I have no idea what they did, but everything was a big mess when I got home! My flight was delayed this morning, so Grandy took Simon to his doctor's appointment where he was very brave for his shot. And we found out that since he is the ripe old age of 18 months, he can no longer have a bottle. He's now been in bed for about 15 minutes and he had about 1/4 of a sippy cup of milk instead of an 8 ounce bottle. He went to bed with little to no arguing (he was mostly mad because I took away his bus, more about the bus later), so we'll see how this goes. The first time I took away his morning bottle, he was also ok with it but now every once in a while he insists on having one so I'm not throwing them out just yet. I took the day off from work and Simon and I had a great time. We had a delicious lunch of veggie burgers, ketchup, broccoli and peppers. Then he took a good nap and then we went to run errands. First, we went to pay for his passport since I had forgotten to give David the checkbook when he went last week. Then, we went to JP Licks for ice cream since he had been so brave at Dr. Roth's (sorry, Grandy, I guess we should have called you so you could have gotten some ice cream too!!). Simon had a scoop of vanilla and many sips of my chocolate milkshake. He sat in the booth with me for a few minutes, but then stood with his face pressed against the window shrieking at everyone who walked by. I guess people could hear him from outside because most people stopped and waved to him. Then we went to the Gap to return a pair of pants that I had bought for myself but were about 10 feet too long and we bought a pair of shoes for Simon. Then we went to Magic Beans to try to get Simon a miniature stroller (see Saturday's post for more about that!). They still haven't gotten them in, although they did have an out-of-the-box 3 wheeled all-terrain toy Maclaren that Eli was going to give us a good price on, but Simon was so not interested in it. He only wants one that looks just like his big stroller. He was, however, very interested in a little tiny school bus that I bought for him (luckily Eli knew the price because Simon was not going to let go of it to have it rung up). From the moment he saw the bus until I pried it out of his hands before he went to sleep it has been with him. He can identify its wheels, its windows and its door and he loves it very much. He pushes it all over saying "vroom vroom, bus, vroom vroom." We also went to TJ Maxx to return something and to Cambridge EyeDoctors to pick up contact lenses and he showed his bus to everyone we saw there. He also saw a stuffed cat at TJ Maxx and now everyone in the store knows that a cat says "Muuuuuh-NOOOOOW" It's important to yell the second syllable. When we got home, Simon had a pacakge from Uncle Andy and Maeve. He said "ooooooooh" when I opened it and wanted to try on the t-shirt as you can see in the picture...Ok, I've been up since 4am so I am going to sleep!!
No comments:
Post a Comment