Thursday, September 15, 2005

Simon is addicted to TV



I think we've created a monster...the first thing Simon says when he wakes up in the morning and we bring him to our bed with a sippy of milk so he can hang out while we get dressed is "TV...TV...TV" And then he cries if he doesn't like the station that is on. He used to love Matt and Katie (and he thought Pete Bouchard--the meterologist on channel 7--was Dada for a long time), but he is so over them and much prefers Elmo and Big Bird (Big Bird, by the way, had his nest blown away in a hurricane). His favorite is still Barney, whom he calls "Bullah" not to be confused with Isabella whom he calls "Bella." He uses the same really excited tone for both. Simon didn't really want to go to daycare this morning and when I left him he was screaming "Mommy...Mommy" in a very dramatic and sad way. Apparently, after I left everything made him madder and madder and he kept throwing himself down the floor and crying. Yaya eventually put him in for a nap at 9am and he immediately went to sleep for an hour and woke up much happier. I think I might try throwing a temper tantrum next time I want to go back to bed and see what happens. When I went to pick him up, Pam had given all of the kids packages of glow-in-the-dark alphabet magnets and Simon came running over to me waving the magnets yelling "Mommy, Mommy" as if to say look what I got!! I had to leave for a meeting while he was eating dinner (and watching tv, which he again demanded. Not worth fighting with him because he gets so involved in tv that he doesn't notice how much he is eating and eats a lot more than when he is paying attention) so David gave him a bath and put him to bed.

No comments: