
Today when I picked up Simon from daycare, they were all inside because it was raining. Simon, Francesca and Felix were all crawling around the floor chasing each other saying "beep beep." It was funny--I don't know why they were crawling because they can all walk. Francesca was trying to stand on her head, which Simon does a lot as well, so I wonder if she learned it from him or if he learned it from her. We went from daycare to the butcherie and on the way I reminded Simon that he owed it to me to behave at the Butcherie and sit in the cart to make up for the whole passport picture debacle. Luckily he complied! We just got a few things and then went home for dinner. Dada was going to be at work late and Papu is in Hungary so we invited Grandy to come over for dinner and to play. There was more playing than dinner-eating, but Simon and Grandy both had a great time playing ring-around-the-rosy and lots of other games. Simon was so exhausted when I put him to bed that he didn't even play his fake crying game when it was time to read Goodnight Moon, which he knows is always the last book before bed. It was really dark in his room and I put him in his crib and I could hear him flailing his arms and saying "bruuup, bruuup?" That is the noise that represents his bear (sort of like Prince who had a symbol instead of a name)--he was looking for him and couldn't find him. I found the bear and gave it to him and he grabbed it, turned over and said "n'night!"
No comments:
Post a Comment